5 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 8:35AM #1
appy20

D"Artagnan is one of the monkeys.  She was one of the wilder and the most aloof of the monkeys.  The operative word being was.  She is crazy about Judy and Emmie.  She is thrilled to death about the two of them.  They are not so thrilled about her.  However, she stays in the room with them.  She spends her days under the bed with Judy and sleeps on the bed with Emmie. She actually spends hours under the bed with Judy.  Until, they arrived, she had never been under that bed.  It is an old bed and is low to the ground and that has not appealed to any of the cats. I can't get under it unless I move the bed.  It is now Judy's fortress.

She is a puzzling creature.  Why she has so much adoration and excitement for two cats who don't like her when she has house full of cats that do baffles the daylights out of me.

Since Emmie and Judy arrived, she has had a dramatic shift in personality.  All of a sudden, she is an affectionate, friendly cat to me.  Several times a day, she will take a break from Emmie and Judy and follow me around begging for attention which I gladly give. She has never done this before. Even as a kitten.  Not once.

Just like that, she is a different cat.  It began the minute Judy and Emmie arrived. I can't begin to understand it.  I do like the difference.  She is definitely a sweetheart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 10:02AM #2
rasphila

What I always say—you never know with cats.

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 10:08AM #3
appy20

This is true.  The cool thing is that every cat that has changed in my household has become a greater joy.  She is really a pleasure to have around now.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook