4 years ago  ::  May 31, 2010 - 8:22AM #1
appy20

Molly and her two biological offspring are the nicest pets I have ever had.  They are sweet, nondestructive.  I have never known any animal of any species as loving as Winnie.   Second to her is Jasper.  I am really enjoying them this holiday.  Neither cat is clingy or annoying.  They have too much dignity and confidence to be that way.  They are affectionate.

I have bum knee.  It isn't too bad lately but it did slightly swell up yesterday.  Jasper draped over the calf of my leg and gently washed my sore knee cap with his sandpaper tongue.  It felt so good I nearly was put in a hypnotic sleep.  The swelling went down and there is no pain today.  I believe the warmth along with the massaging of the tongue probably worked the inflammation down.

I wish I could describe Winnie's behavior well but I never describe it correctly.  She is the most devoted cat I have ever seen.  Just a living doll.  She will come up to me and gently cup my chin with her front feet.  She will also worm herself into a baby like position in my arms.  She will press her head and face into my arms and body just to have that contact.  I have never seen a cat do this exactly in this way.  It is ubelievably loving. Her feats of defying gravity for the sake of a hug have to been seen to be appreciated,

Actually, I am enjoying all the cats this weekend.  I managed to get a hug from Scout.  Stuck up little devil that he is, that was an accomplishment.  They are funny though.  They do make me laugh.  They don't walk.  They fly. That is how they got the name the flying monkeys.  It is from The Wizard of Oz.  They are hilarious.   They are so cheeky, perky and so blasted happy.  They are a good time in a fur coat.

Magellan is with me all of the time.  He is so funny. Yesterday, Hershey swiped his ice cream.  If that had been a cat, Magellan would have killed him. LOL.  Magellan is a dog person.  Good thing for Hershey.

I love to read.  My crew are nice to read with.   I usually read on my couch which is why I have so many pictures there.  I just read with the camera beside me and I can get a shot.  I usually have at least 6 cats cudddling with me.  That six changes out.  The monkeys have to go run and play.  Sometimes Winnie and Jasper go play or look out the windows.  I tend to have a lot of cats napping with me as I read.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 31, 2010 - 6:14PM #2
rasphila

What a great comfortable scene. Molly's kittens are really great cats. So are the rest of them, of course, but Molly did a great job of raising her kittens, and it shows.

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 12:24PM #3
Bohemiangrrl

I have IBS and I get some incredibly painful bouts from time to time.  (I've blacked out before from the pain.  That bad.)  Whenever I'm lucky enough to at least be at home when I get one, there's nothing I can do but writhe around on the floor somewhere until it eases up.

Yuna always knows and comes out from wherever she is and stays with me until it passes.  Sometimes she'll come pay on my stomach a little and purr very loudly. 

She once alerted my ex husband when I had blacked out on the floor in the bathroom. 

They know.  They really know when we need them most.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 5:33PM #4
appy20

It was a really nice weekend in spite of the Emmie and Judy's issues.  Everyone else was really sweet and made it enjoyable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 6:14PM #5
ManzanitaBear

May 31, 2010 -- 8:22AM, appy20 wrote:

I have bum knee.  It isn't too bad lately but it did slightly swell up yesterday.  Jasper draped over the calf of my leg and gently washed my sore knee cap with his sandpaper tongue.  It felt so good I nearly was put in a hypnotic sleep.  The swelling went down and there is no pain today.  I believe the warmth along with the massaging of the tongue probably worked the inflammation down.

Cat saliva has strong healing properties. When an injured cat licks its own wound, it's likely to do better for itself than antibiotics ever could. Interesting that your swelling went right down.

Did he purr on your knee, too? A purr has been proven to help broken bones heal faster. Something about the frequency of the vibration.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 9:24AM #6
appy20

Some time ago, I posted an article on the medicinal properties of cat purring and saliva.  I didn't think of it at the time Jasper was on my leg but Jasper is ALWAYS PURRING and he was purring while he was draped over my leg with his throat over my knee.  The leg has been better all week. I had to drive for an hour yesterday and driving normally freezes the thing up and for the first time in years, it didn't.  I was fine on both legs of the trip.  

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook