May 27, 2010 -- 5:15PM, jesusfreakgal wrote:

Was this a boarding school?

Yep.  Ecole de St-Hilaire.

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 6:52PM #12
Erey

Actually the public school feeder pattern where I live is all uniform - elementary through highschool.  The uniforms are very basic a t-shirt or polo shirt with the school emblem that runs about 8-15 depending.  Then you find your own bottoms at places like WalMart or Target they have to be a certain color (khaki) and for high school they need to have no pockets

There are rules about what kind of jacket or sweater you can wear also, close toed shoes which are typically sneakers of your choice but I see the High school kids in flip flops and socks of your choice.

In the school district not all of the feeder patterns have uniforms, many of the schools don't have a uniform at all.  But it seems to be a popular idea with our community.  The kids don't complain too much because really the uniform is so comfortable and easy - almost sloppy.

I am very glad the HS went to a uniform, where I think it is most important.  Before the HS had a uniform there were girls in middrift tops and more sexy stuff, guys in gangester gear.  It just kind of takes that whole inappropriate element out of the school day. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 6:14AM #13
jesusfreakgal

Erey,

That is good to hear that the uniforms are not expensive. Do you know why HS students have to wear pants without pockets? Aren't they uncommon/ hard to find?

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 10:17AM #14
Tolerant Sis

Probably so they can't carry around a hidden lighter or pocket knife or cell phone or pack of cigarettes or handful of pills.  Purses and backpacks can be searched, but it is harder legally to search a child's person.

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 5:22PM #15
Erey

To get the bottoms without the pocket you normally have to buy something off the uniform rack instead of the general clothing section.  Those stores, Target and WalMart, Academy will have some uniform choice with no pockets. 

Now that I am thinking of it they may have lighted up a bit on the no pockets rule.  I do remember a few of the moms with kids going into HS stressing a bit about the no pockets a few years ago.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 7:46AM #16
jesusfreakgal

That make sense Tolerant Sis!

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement