Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2010 - 11:37AM #1
rasphila

Barton arrived at his new home on Thursday of last week. Here is a portrait of him in his new home. It gives a better sense of how he looks overall than other pictures we have of him.

And here he is beginning some negotiations with Orestes

Finally, negotiations at a critical stage. Following this photo, a peaceful settlement was reached, so the only holdout on accepting Barton is Sam. Barton and Sam are both major softies, so we expect them to be pals in a week or so.

Stay tuned.

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2010 - 12:24PM #2
Christianlib

HiYa, Barton.

Welcome home.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2010 - 1:29PM #3
appy20

He is a handsome young man!!  He does have a lot of white on him.  Great pictures!!  Orestes looks very regal.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2010 - 7:47PM #4
rasphila

Tonight Barton, Sam, and Orestes were all in the liviing room together with no friction at all—Barton on the sofa, Sam on my chair, and Orestes on the rocking chair. Peace will soon be breaking out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2010 - 9:21PM #5
appy20

Sounds like you are already there!! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2010 - 7:53AM #6
rasphila

May 24, 2010 -- 9:21PM, appy20 wrote:

Sounds like you are already there!! 

Yes and no. Last night was fine. This morning there was still a bit of growling and walking on eggshells. But you're right. We are (almost) already there.

Barton still sleeps in his apartment, but we want to discontinue this by the end of the week. He has become expert at banging the door when he wants food, and he gets hungry at about 5 am. Ouch.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2010 - 8:51AM #7
Bohemiangrrl

Welcome home Barton!!  What a pair they will make.  Alliances will be formed and soon the new regime shall take hold.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 5:21PM #8
appy20

I had to laugh at the 5 a.m.  Magellan used to be like that.  However, as he has grown older, he prefers to sleep in.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 5:28PM #9
rasphila

We had a minor setback yesterday morning, more the fault of the humans than of the cats.

Barton is still exploring his new home, and he loves closets. Very soon I will write an entire posting on Barton and closets because he is pretty funny. But yesterday morning, my wife was trying to get something out of our kitchen pantry, which happens to be a closet with shelves in it. Dry cat food is in there. There are also  a lot of bottles—vinegar, brandy for cooking, and such—on one  set of shelves, and Barton could easily knock them over. We would rather  that didn't happen. Barton kept pushing his way into the pantry, so she asked me to hold him because she was afraid he would get shut in there, with possibly disastrous consequences.

Big mistake. Barton squirmed and wiggled and finally got pretty annoyed with me. When I finally let go of him, Sam happened to be walking by, and Barton jumped Sam. No harm done—both of them backed off pretty quickly—but the two of them didn't speak the rest of the day and there was occasional hissing and growling. At one point Sam came running into the living room with his tail fully bottle-brushed (and he has a really impressive tail when it's out). Barton was nowhere to be seen, so we assumed it was a preventive bottle-brush.

In the end, Sam curled up on my lap and went to sleep, all cats went to their normal sleeping places, and peace reigned, but for most of the day all three cats were walking on eggshells.

Today they are fine. No growling, no tails out, and a minimum of hissing. Not best pals yet, but getting there. Cats have good repair departments.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 8:57AM #10
appy20

LOL.  He has some monkey in him!!  

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement