Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 1:14PM #21
appy20

Feb 2, 2010 -- 1:09PM, Christianlib wrote:

Feb 2, 2010 -- 9:35AM, appy20 wrote:

Feb 2, 2010 -- 9:21AM, Christianlib wrote:

Appy, friend, why do I sometimes get the feeling that you think neutering of males is a good idea FAR beyond cats and dogs?

Welllllllll.  It might be a good idea.

Except, it really doesn't affect men that way.  My brother had a vasectomy and still remained a male chauvinist jerk.

Great diff between vasectomy and castration.  Vasectomy ONLY stops the delivery of live spermatozoa,  all the testosterone remains free to flow.

LOL.  I know.  However, as tempting as it might be, I won't go that far with my brother.  At least he lives in a different state.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 8:11AM #22
appy20

They have put a whole new twist to playing with the cat teaser.  I found Magellan's teaser under some stuff in a closet and tried it out with the monkeys.  They loved it.  Scout is very athletic and graceful with it.  After, I quit playing with them, Cheetah grabbed the end of the stick without the feathers and carried it, teasing Scout who chased the feather end.  Eventually, they both were carrying ends of it around the living room.  It was fun to watch.    They had a good time too. 

Jasper and Molly also enjoyed it as well. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 8:44AM #23
appy20

The monkeys are very weird beasts.  Scout has become a serious talker.  Not a lover.  Except when I am about to leave for work or go to bed at night, he frantically begins talking to me.  I have no clue what he is trying to tell me but he is definitely doing his best to communicate. 

The rest of the time, he is just stuck up.  LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 9:53AM #24
rasphila

Feb 23, 2010 -- 8:44AM, appy20 wrote:

The monkeys are very weird beasts.  Scout has become a serious talker.  Not a lover.  Except when I am about to leave for work or go to bed at night, he frantically begins talking to me.  I have no clue what he is trying to tell me but he is definitely doing his best to communicate. 

The rest of the time, he is just stuck up.  LOL

Sometimes we humans just don't get it, do we?

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 12:16PM #25
appy20

While it is still too early to really say, I do think the Monkeys are going to be smart little beasts.  They may all end up Magellan smart.  Magellan is still more athletic than they are (he was from the time he was 4 weeks old) and is, at the moment,  my smartest cat.  However, they navigate their world with above average savvy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 1:51PM #26
Agnosticspirit

Cute thread.... I have a male cat... a rather large male cat I inherited from my former roommate. She thought he was autistic, but I've since diagnosed him as either shy or possibly a little slow. He's a cool cat who's obsessed with doors, although he hasn't managed to figure out how to open a closed door as your have.. That doesn't stop him from trying, however.

He just doesn't like closed doors -- wants them to be slightly open so he can satisfy his feline curiosity.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 2:08PM #27
appy20

Check out our Memoes thread. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 4:02PM #28
appy20

Cheetah seems to be calming down.  She often sits in my lap now.  I start concentrating on something else and will look down and there she will be. I don't ever see her getting into the lap. 

Scout is still a mischievous soul.  He woud rather create trouble than eat.  His charm is also developing.  He still talks to me as I am about to leave for work.  I think he may actually be telling me to stay home.  LOL  He does get frantic when I begin to get ready to leave.

Harper Lee and D'Artagnan are weekend cats.  I have to be home a while before they will change their intinerary to have anything to do with me.  They tend to be busy.  They remind me of Yoda Boy as a kitten. I used to always say I had to make an appointment to interact with Yoda Boy.  Yoda Boy hangs with me more now than he used to.  I may actually get a picture of him one day because he tends to be still now. 

They are all looking good, growing like weeds and have excellent coats.  No one seems stressed other than Daphne, the brain-damaged one.  But she was always stressed. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 8:44AM #29
appy20

I am full of pride this morning.  As I was carrying a load of clothes out to my truck this morning, the four monkeys were blocking my path and doorway as I was about to exit.  I said excuse me, will you guys please move?  They parted like the Red Sea.  I was stunned.  All four of them.  It was military precision. 

Maybe I won't kill them afterall.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 9:20AM #30
Christianlib

When totally frustrated by one of our felines, I have been known to smile at them and say, "Stradivarius."  It gets results.  They seem to know when traditional violin strings came from.Cool

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook