Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 2:25PM #11
rasphila

I agree about Molly from what I've read. We had a female named Lisa who was a natural mom, though we never learned whether she had had kittens before she came to us. She was spayed when we got her, and she spent her whole life mothering humans and other cats. She even liked the company of human children, which is unusual for cats. (Her very sociable housemate, Tigger, hid from any human child who visited and once spent an entire party running away from a five-year-old who kept finding him; Tigger wound up in a closet under a quilt that was stored there and only emerged when the five-year-old was gone.)

Molly should do just fine. 

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 2:52PM #12
appy20

When I locked Scout up last night so that he wouldn't get food or water, he howled all night long. I slept one hour.  He howled all the way to the vet.  He howled in the vet's office.  He made quite a spectacle of himself. LOL 

I haven't heard from the vet yet.  I am supposed to pick him up in about an hour.  Usually, they call.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 4:48PM #13
appy20

He's fine. He is with me at work.  He wasn't freaked when he met my coworkers.  In fact, he quite hollering and was very alert and interested in them.  He looks very pretty in these flourescent lights.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 7:18PM #14
appy20

My camera is at work and right now I am missing the shot of a lifetime!!  Scout is home, curled up on the floor in the middle of the living room with his head on Hershey's right paw as a pillow and Hershey has her head on her left paw.  That silly Jasper is inside the carrier that is open right next to both Hershey and Scout.  It was the carrier that I took Scout to the vet in. BTW, he tore up the carrier.  It is a fairly new carrier.  I've only used it 3 times.

They are unbelievably cute.  Scout's right side of his face pressed against Hershey's right.  Scout is curled and Hershey is straight.  If Scout were straight, he would be nose to nose with Hershey.  Because he is curled, his face presses up against Hershey's face. 

Cheetah thoroughly groomed Scout when he first got home.  He is being well-cared for by the other inmates.

Magellan is being Magellan. He wants something but he won't tell me what it is.  He is capable of showing me what he wants so he is probably just jerking my chain.  LOL. So Magellan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 8:06PM #15
rasphila

Good to hear Scout is okay. Sleeping with Hershey seems a good way to recover from being knocked out—and he's obviously getting a lot of support. Your kitties really look after each other. Probably Molly's influence or Hershey's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 8:08PM #16
rasphila

Jan 13, 2010 -- 7:18PM, appy20 wrote:

My camera is at work and right now I am missing the shot of a lifetime!! 

Just goes to show. Never leave your camera at work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 10:00PM #17
lil_lamb

aww.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2010 - 3:52PM #18
Bohemiangrrl

Awwwwwwww

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2010 - 4:21AM #19
appy20

He is completely back to his mischievous self. LOL  I kind of liked him sedated.  rotfl

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 9:18AM #20
appy20

Jan 19, 2010 -- 7:59AM, Masini wrote:

What's wrong with that. I think the most dangerous is what will be kittens. In such cases may occur from birth defects consangvinizare asigurari auto

It is a disaster because there is a terrible pet overpopulation that results in over 6000 deaths of dogs and cats a year in our area alone.  Instead of bringing pets into the world, I prefer to adopt what has already arrived.   Then neutering or spaying so that more animals don't have to be put to sleep. 

The kittens should be healthy.  Mother Molly has been well-taken care of.  She is in excellent physical condition and well-nourished.  She has a history of producing healthy, smart offspring. 

Anyway, it is water over the bridge.  What will be, will be.  I will deal with it to the best interest of Molly and the kittens she produces.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook