Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 9:19PM #21
dbtyon

Hey... just wanted to let you know that I understand completely!  I have the same problem here, only because, our cages broke apart little by little (we have country cats, mostly outside) and the females (4 of them) that were not yet spayed all got out while I was laid up this past six months with a busted knee.  My family was feeding, but not doing a whole lot else, so things fell apart outside.  Now we have two females, for certain, pregnant - maybe 3.  The other has been adopted by a family in Cleburne and doesn't appear to be pregnant so that's good.

We also have a similar problem with a few dogs right now... see we run an animal rescue in Johnson County, Texas - it is also our home - kennels out back for those we can't have in the house with us.  A few run freely on the property (the well behaved ones, and only spayed or neutered ones)... but occasionally one gets out, without being noticed for a few hours, and we have found a couple of them fooling around.  Hoping we don't now have puppies on the way, but probably do.  And the sad part is, I can't do anything about it right now anyway. 

We have NO money for the medical care they need.  We can only provide shelter and food... and even that is difficult at times.  Thankfully, Lillian Hay, down the street, runs me a tab - and carries me when I need them to - I pay them what I can, when I am able (they are very good to me) and I thank God for their kindness.

We are in some extremely hard times now - currently looking for a new place to put down roots.  GMAC has now evicted us from our home... animals and all.  We have to be gone by mid-February, so they say right now.  I'm trying to buy more time, but I don't know.

You could say a prayer for us, and check out our site if you have time (kkar.zoomshare.com) -all good thoughts are appreciated.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 8:48AM #22
appy20

There is such an overwhelmingly big problem right now.  With humans and animals.

My prayers and thoughts are with you that you find housing and solutions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 10:43AM #23
Christianlib

Appy,

I know this is a serious thread, and you know me:

1) We take and keep only rescue animals, dogs and cats, and we always "fix" 'em.

2) I can't remain serious for 2 minutes.

SO,

The title of this thread reminded me of a really bad old pun.

Q: Did you hear about the woman who backed into an airplane propeller?

A: No.

REPLY: Disaster.

(say the last word kind of slow, and you'll get the really bad joke.)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 12:10PM #24
appy20

Clib,

Sweetheart, that was sooooooooooooooooooo bad that I think you need a cup of chicken soup.  :P

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 12:58PM #25
Christianlib

Jan 20, 2010 -- 12:10PM, appy20 wrote:

Clib,

Sweetheart, that was sooooooooooooooooooo bad that I think you need a cup of chicken soup.  :P

As Bennet Cerf said, "A pun is the lowest form of humor.  Unless you think of it first."Smile

As for the soup, I AM cooking Calico Bean Soup right now.  It isn't chicken, it's got ham hocks, but perhaps it will help me.

(Tuppence beagle doesn't understand why those WONDERFUL smelling ham hocks went into the pot, and not on the floor for her.)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 1:18PM #26
appy20

I have made lentil soup with ham hocks.  I have used lots of ham parts to make lentil soup.  LOL

Ham hocks makes everything taste good.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2010 - 6:00PM #27
appy20

I don't want to get too excited but it looks like Molly may be in heat.  Which if she is, chances are, she isn't pregnant.  It would be time for her to be due if she had been impregnated.  I don't have any unneutered cats on the premises and she never slips outside.  I will give it another 3 weeks and if nothing changes, I will get her spayed.  Finally, since she is no longer nursing anything.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 10:21AM #28
rasphila

Feb 26, 2010 -- 6:00PM, appy20 wrote:

I don't want to get too excited but it looks like Molly may be in heat.  Which if she is, chances are, she isn't pregnant.  It would be time for her to be due if she had been impregnated.  I don't have any unneutered cats on the premises and she never slips outside.  I will give it another 3 weeks and if nothing changes, I will get her spayed.  Finally, since she is no longer nursing anything.

That's good news, probably. Molly is a good mom, but she really needs a break.

Ham hocks do make good soup. Smoked turkey hocks work well, too. I discovered this when our local market happened to be out of ham hocks one time.

We have a vegetarian in the house now, so soup made with any kind of hocks is off the menu for the present. Sad, but fortunately there are lots of really good veggie soups out there.

"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 1:26PM #29
appy20

She is not gaining weight either.  Last time, she gained weight 8 weeks before actually giving birth.  She is quite small these days. 

Oh, I hope this is true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook