Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 10.2% unemployment, November, expected to go higher
5 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2009 - 8:38PM #1
Agnostic

President Obama says the recovery is over.  Apparently, all he cares about is employment at Goldman Sachs and JP  Morgan or the corporations and unions contributing to his campaign.  Cash for Clunkers benefited Japanese owned companies, about 80% went to Japan.

Economists predict 11% and 12% unemployment next year.  You can't find any posts on this on Beliefnet.   If you do try to post references to unemployment, you may find it deleted.

We're here to worship Obama, and it's so impolite to mention anything that might be critical.  Obama never showed the slightest sign of sacrifice, as others went unemployment.  He went on a spending binge, at our expense.  It's like finding out your drunk husband spent all the money on alcohol, while the family goes hungry.

Keynesian economics has been used for endless politicians to spend on their pet projects, with no relation to improving the economy.  

We can pretend Obama "saved" jobs and "created" jobs as the unemployment rate hits two digits.  Counting those who are working part time, took early retirement, or gave up working, you get more in the range of 20% unemployment or about what we had in the 1930's Depression.

Obama never took an economics course in college, although he's hidden those records from us.    We all thought he would redistribute income from rich to poor.  Everone was surprised.  He's more into redistributing from the efficient sectors of the economy to the inefficient, propping up bankrupt enterprises, and penalizing hard working efficient people and companies.

He's prolonging what would have been a short recession.  He caused the recession by trashing the economy during the campaign.  Obama and Biden not only trashed the economy in campaign speeches, they did so overseas, causing international investment  in America to decline.  Obama used fear to get elected, by trying to destroy the American economy.  He then used the same fears to run through Congressional bills in the trillions, for pet projects and pork.  Now he doesn't know what to do.  All he really knows how to do is campaign and give speeches.  We're going to have him on TV and late night comedy shows for 4 years.

His election is a fluke.  He was so unknown, people projected their best hopes onto him, as he used ambiguous phrases that could be interpreted in any manner.  Yes We Can.  Change we can believe in.   He should work for an ad agency, to think up gimmicks and slogans.

The American political system has a problem.  Unlike European systems and Canada, we can't get rid of a leader by a vote of no confidence.  We're stuck with this guy.  We can't impeach him, unless the 2010 elections return large Republican majorities.  That's out of the question, as only 1/3 of the Senate is up for re-election.   We don't really want to remove Obama, as Biden has brain problems, medical problems.   Obama hid his medical records too.  We don't know if he's on prozac or cocaine.   

When Obama campaigned in Europe, he wouldn't visit the American troops unless he could get it televised or covered with news reporters.  When told that couldn't be done, he cancelled his visit.  He's all fluff and no substance.    The only reason he won't withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan is it would cause a leap in the unemployment rate, which is already scheduled to go higher.

We would have been out of the recession, except we elected Obama.  Markets always adjust, with cyclical ups and downs.  Obama panicked the public and investors to cause a deeper down, and longer.  Obama wants you to believe Bush was so bad, we can expect an endless Depression.   The truth is Obama is so bad, we may never recover, until he trashes the economy so badly we go bankrupt and become a third rate undeveloped country.

Meanwhile, Obama worshipers will claim Obama save us, and prevented even worse unemployment.   He plans another stimulus, another trillion in spending on health care, trillions more on green energy.   Give a credit card to a teenager isn't safe.  That's what America did when we elected Obama president.  The difference is America has no limit on its credit, until China and the world forecloses on us.

Obama is bringing us nearer the bankruptcy edge than most want to realize.  There are some solutions.  Impeach every congress person who supports Obama.  Recall them.  Have the Supreme Court remove Obama.  Then we have to figure out how to remove Biden.  But he's just old enough and medically deficient, he may go on his own.  Hillary Rodham Clinton would be a much better president. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2009 - 11:27PM #2
Merope

Agnostic, just a heads-up that we ask opening posts to provide a link to the subject matter of the thread.  I've got one here, so you're covered.

Thanks,

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 8:39AM #3
hamerhas

Don't worry, once the immediate confiscatory "health reform" taxes kick in on on the "rich"

(ie, those actually doing the employing)  then things should start picking up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 11:14AM #4
mountain_man

Nov 7, 2009 -- 8:39AM, hamerhas wrote:

Don't worry, once the immediate confiscatory "health reform" taxes kick in on on the "rich"

Why should I care about the rich? Reagan's trickle down fantasy has been proven to not work, but the Republican dream of eliminating the middle class is working.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 4:40PM #5
Erey

Nov 6, 2009 -- 11:27PM, Merope wrote:

Agnostic, just a heads-up that we ask opening posts to provide a link to the subject matter of the thread.  I've got one here, so you're covered.

Thanks,

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Why would she need a link for what is basically her own thougths and conclusions?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 4:44PM #6
Mlyons619

Because of the Local Guidelines unique to the Hot Topic Zone, erey.  You might wish to peruse them yourself.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 4:55PM #7
Erey

I don't think Obama's stimulus package has proven to be a good idea. 

I also think Obama has the suckiest advisors in his cabinet - ever. 

I do think we are projected to get up to 10.5 % unemployment not 11-12% but these this is not a science.  How much of this is Obama's fault, how much of this he could control - I cannot guess. 

I don't mind him having a few parties.  But when during these difficult times when he is partiying like a Wall-Street Tycoon on the tax payer's teat - it is injurous.  I am reminded of Bush during the post 9/11 recession putting the kibash on alot of extraneous administration spending and being rather frugal.  Too bad Bush did not see fit to slash the national budget  and allowed it to become as bloated as ever.

I don't know if Obama is all "fluff".  I tend to think not.  But he is definately NOT a military guy.  In fact he is sort of an anti-military guy - therefore whatever he does for the military seems very insincere.  He is an intellectual but has never shown an interest in the grittier studies such as economics.

There is nothing wrong with being this kind of person.  In fact, I know TONS of these kinds of people.  But I believe you DO very much NEED an appreciation and  sense of these kinds of topics to lead the nation.  You need to understand and appreciate the military and macro economics to be a good pres.

Ever since Bush got elected into Office the tack of the Dem party has been to trash the US, everything is shit, nothing works well, Republicans who are in control are evil. When the republican majority left they still went on with this Republicans are still evil and so our government is evil.  The democrats led the song on the world hating America.

The dems supported, called for , demanded the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and then promptly sabatoged and undermined  them.

Now it is very hard for the dems to turn this kind of canabalistic negativity off

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 5:45PM #8
TemplarS

The problem with the economy, of course, usually has little to do with Presidents.  Generally, it has to do with Congress, of either party,  in this shadowy cabal with various special interests.  When money gets passed around, who gets it has little to do with who needs it and everything to do with who's in your district and who pumps dollars into your campaign.

In fact, the recent recession/depression had its origins in a deregulation of the financial sector which was unnecessary and benefitted few but the wealthy.  The Republicans were as usual the main culprits here, but Clinton-era Democrats, when they were in the majority in Congress,  were far from uninvolved.

Bush Jr. was an idiot who had no understanding of the economy (or much else, to be frank)and whose response to everything was to oppose anything which he saw as threatening his big-business cronies.

Obama, I think, has been well-intentioned, but has been unable to do much to turn off or even moderate the money spigot in the hands of the Congress.  Pelosi is no smarter than Bush.   In my opinion, a stimulus was needed, but little of it ended up being spent in the most effective way.

There are two problems here.  The first is lobbyists and their money.  You can try to regulate this, but the problem is the guys passing the regs are the guys benefitting from the money; plus, the Bush legacy courts are generally of the opinion that freedom of speech equates to freedom to in effect use your money for bribery under an assumed name.

Then there's pork, and again, the guys running the show are the guys dispensing the pork.   The only effective tool here is a line-item veto, but once again the courts will be difficult.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 7:13PM #9
jane2

Nov 7, 2009 -- 5:45PM, TemplarS wrote:

The problem with the economy, of course, usually has little to do with Presidents.  Generally, it has to do with Congress, of either party,  in this shadowy cabal with various special interests.  When money gets passed around, who gets it has little to do with who needs it and everything to do with who's in your district and who pumps dollars into your campaign.

In fact, the recent recession/depression had its origins in a deregulation of the financial sector which was unnecessary and benefitted few but the wealthy.  The Republicans were as usual the main culprits here, but Clinton-era Democrats, when they were in the majority in Congress,  were far from uninvolved.

Bush Jr. was an idiot who had no understanding of the economy (or much else, to be frank)and whose response to everything was to oppose anything which he saw as threatening his big-business cronies.

Obama, I think, has been well-intentioned, but has been unable to do much to turn off or even moderate the money spigot in the hands of the Congress.  Pelosi is no smarter than Bush.   In my opinion, a stimulus was needed, but little of it ended up being spent in the most effective way.

There are two problems here.  The first is lobbyists and their money.  You can try to regulate this, but the problem is the guys passing the regs are the guys benefitting from the money; plus, the Bush legacy courts are generally of the opinion that freedom of speech equates to freedom to in effect use your money for bribery under an assumed name.

Then there's pork, and again, the guys running the show are the guys dispensing the pork.   The only effective tool here is a line-item veto, but once again the courts will be difficult.

'

More than a little wisdom here, Templar. (I don't need to pase it.!!)

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 7:54PM #10
hamerhas

If you think tighter regulation of the "financial sector "  is going to improve unemployment

you are really not to bright.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook