Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Beware of Phishing schemes on BNET
5 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 9:35AM #1
appy20

If you get emails from people you do not know and who are seeking love or money, beware.  BNET has a few bad apples that are getting through the security. 

For details go here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 7:49PM #2
Gordonsetter

I had someone leave me a message in my inbox asking for friendship.  I didn't think anything about it until she(Naomi ?) ask me to allow her to deposit her money into my checking account and for me to buy her a plane ticket to the U.S..  I immediately deleted all information I had from her; she hasn't contacted me since.(I didn'tgive her any information).  Everyone beware!!Frown

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 2:01AM #3
whichone

That is scary.  Thank you for the warning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2009 - 5:55PM #4
ManzanitaBear

I've gotten a few of those, and I always delete and report.  They're very easy to spot.  And I only accept friend requests from people I've posted in some discussions with and have some sense of who they are, not from complete strangers out of the blue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2009 - 4:19PM #5
AnonymousCatholic

I just got one today.   I read it, then deleted it.

Seemed legit at first, but gave an external email address.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 5:44PM #6
Lumbarpain

We all need some cash dont we? Nerve of some people. Yes, I have gotten emails requesting help for sick grandmothers and dying family members.  You just have to delete it all unfortunately no matter how REAL it may seem.       

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook