Switch to Forum Live View Books Recommendations
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 8:55AM #1
Beliefnetsabee

If you were asked to recommend a book to lift the spirits of someone who was having problems in the workplace, in the hopes of helping them with their struggles, what book would you recommend?

I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 7:33PM #2
soma77

A book that explains the science of Christian mysticism is "Evolution of Consciousness" by John Kuykendall. It is a journey to a personal experience with Christ that goes through the layers of the mind and the parts of the mind. It transforms God from being an object to an actual spiritual experience.

Rise above the problems.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2010 - 4:15PM #3
Intuitive

Hi: I just read a book that has been on my "to read list" and bookshelf for a number of years. As a matter of fact, I met this woman and her husband on a cruise with my sister, several years ago.  She was fun and a delight to have met as was her husband. She gave my sister this book to read and wrote a note in it "wonderful things are coming". My sister "a Scorpio" did not want to read this book as it did not seem to be her type of book like the mystery books she loves. Recently, I picked up the book and started reading it. I must say that I could not put it down as it not only addressed everything that most of us have questions and gone through, but addressed so many aspects of life, that I could not believe it; and why it took so long to pick it up and read it is amazing.  It is a true pick me upper and an inspiration. I have put writing on the back burner for at least 10 years during which amazing  life situations took place in my life and time (like in an hour glass) dripped away very quickly both at work and at home. Having been laid off from a job this past April, I found that my time was taken up with a challenge my sister faced involving major surgery; however I was disheartened the way it happened. I was told that it was for a reason (long time coming) and that it was a GOOD THING!  A book of multi-fasceted stories about discovery, beauty, mystery, challenges, and WHO AM I? are going to be featured in this book of stories..  However, the book that lead me to all of this is featured online: TURN YOUR FEAR AND ANGER INTO MONEY...By Wendy Everett Cook... Her e-mail which is in the book is weneverett@avantiadvisors.com &... You can tell her Beth Geller sent you...   My e-mail is: intuitivelyours@aol.com... I am also on a site called Brightfuse.com..a very interesting site as well that I found that has very interesting people and one that is not only social but addresses very interesting topics......   Looking forward to hearing from you... 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook