Switch to Forum Live View Seed-Sharing Project
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 5:28AM #1
nnn123
saw this in a post...looked interesting...

http://hyperlocavore.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/the-great-lets-get-growing-seed-share/
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2009 - 9:08AM #2
Raisingexplorers

Thanks for sharing that

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 9:35PM #3
voice-crying
I'm out of my league; I'm not a gardener.  But, I was doing some research and I found that flowers...example "the perfect flower" can reproduce itself. The male parts...stamen and the female parts..pistil, work together.  I didn't know that the bee (or other insects) or the wind, aid in the pollination process; ok, now I know. My question is: can a flower ("perfect flower") reproduce itself [without] aid from bee's or other insects or the wind?  And if so, how?
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 02, 2009 - 10:13AM #4
Anona

Apr 6, 2009 -- 9:35PM, voice-crying wrote:

I'm out of my league; I'm not a gardener. But, I was doing some research and I found that flowers...example "the perfect flower" can reproduce itself. The male parts...stamen and the female parts..pistil, work together. I didn't know that the bee (or other insects) or the wind, aid in the pollination process; ok, now I know. My question is: can a flower ("perfect flower") reproduce itself [without] aid from bee's or other insects or the wind? And if so, how?

I've heard about people hand pollinating in order to get plants to fruit. That would probably work for flowers as well. I myself have never tried it

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 12:55PM #5
voice-crying

May 2, 2009 -- 10:13AM, Anona wrote:

I've heard about people hand pollinating in order to get plants to fruit. That would probably work for flowers as well. I myself have never tried it

Thanks for sharing that info; I didn't know about "hand pollinating" until you mentioned it (so, I looked it up).  This might explain (for me) how people can grow certain plants indoors; it also shows me how important mankind is to the continued beauty and food supply of the world.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook