Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 8:04AM #1
smf913
Hello, I am new to this message board forum.  I had been receiving Belief Net Newsletters for a few months now and just got the opportunity to go through some of the messages on here.  So many people are just like me scared, stressed, discouraged, etc.  I am just sick and tired of worrying.  I am a 43 year old wife of 20 years and mother of 2 teens (one graduated last year and the other is a junior in high school)  Things are so bad financially for us, both my husband and I barely sleep, eat and never get intimate.  I am on disability for some major nerve and muscle degenrated disease(s)--I have a few.  So with financial stress, sleep deprivation, etc. I also am in pain 24/7.  On a good day, I have "tolerable" pain; but on a bad day, LOOK OUT!  I refuse to take narcotics because of side effects.  Anyways. . .things are so bad for us since my husband is a self employed subcontracted mortgage closing agent.  He went from doing 12-14 closing a week to now not even 12 a month.  My income is fixed so there is no help there.  I am frustrated, disgusted, scared, etc. as 8 years ago, before he went into business for himself, he worked a regular w-2 job and got permanantly layed off.  His lay off came 2 weeks before 9-11 hit.  So a man with 19 years work experience and 6 years college couldn't find work.  He did everything he could as I did too.  We ended up losing our house to Chapter 7 bankruptcy.  We worked very hard to clean up our credit after that and did.  And now, we are back to that again.  Our house is on a 2 year rent to own contract and we don't even know if we can do it now.  I cannot lose this house as it is the house I grew up in.  I know the owners which makes it more of a stress because they are counting on this and trusted us.  We have until July; but we actually have to have our kids help buy groceries.  I just need someone or somthing to help us.  I cannot go through this stress much longer.  I am sorry for being such a complainer; but when I found this type of message board, I thought I could find some friends and people to talk to about this to keep some of the feelings I have away from my husband as he tries so hard and is so intelligent; but cannot get out of this rut.  He trusted one person back in Sept. who promised him a salary + commission job, he worked it for 2 months and then the owner got ticked off at the franchise and refuses to do any work right now and just casually told my husband, you are off the payroll for awhile until this issue is settled; but keep trying to get me accounts for when this is over.  This guy has no idea what he has done or does he care as he goes away every month, buys anything an everything and bugs my husband every day; but does not want to pay him anything.  I am sorry again, once I start, I can't seem to stop--my anxiety is very high.  Thank you to anyone who has read this and undestands.  I look forward to hearing from someone--ANYONE.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 10:38AM #2
jhrsmail
If I knew you posted yesterday I would have replied faster.

I hear what you say (and God) and these are my thoughts:

"I am a 43 year old wife of 20 years and mother of 2 teens (one graduated last year and the other is a junior in high school)"

Congratulions on a great family, really somtimes its the only tangible thing that matters. I cannot offer anything from experience, I just wanted to say I hear you. I could feel overwelmed by reading your post, so I assume thats how you feel. Easiest way I know to get through it all is take it moment by moment. That is what our lives consist of any way. There are rich well situated people that are miserable also, its really understanding that most all things can be replaced but "ourselves".  This is not the end to you and your family. You will survive these circumstances. The answers to all is inside you. The Bible saids: God would not put anything on you , that you cannot bear. Basically he always makes a way of escape. Not knowing your life I can't give you YOUR answer. Just what mine would be..which may or may not help.

God is blessing! He will provide for you !  God Bless you and yours!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 2:27AM #3
ItsAllALie
I hear you,,,,,and i think the really SCARY part right now is that there are so MANY of you out there right now,,,,,,you are the voice of so many,,,,,,,I'm not quite to that point, but I am worried sick, nonetheless,,,,,my husband works for a company that makes shingles,,,,,,,yeah, right,,,in THIS economy??? Nobody is building houses,,,He worked 32 hours this week, when he used to work 60,,,and frankly we were GRATEFUL for the 32, because he was SUPPOSED to work 24,,,,next week he gets paid for a holiday (Gasparilla day, local holiday) and we're giddy because that means the first 40 hour paycheck (we HOPE) that he's had in a month (work 32, get another 8 for the holiday),,,,I'm working Sunday (superbowl day,,,,,I work outside Tampa at a hotel) for 12 hours, and I'm coming down with something that suspiciously feels like bronchitis, and I KNOW I've got pinkeye,,,so now, in order to work, I probably need to visit a walk in clinic tomorrow (25.00 copay and probably 10.00 each for 2 meds, one for bronchitis, and one for pinkeye),,,,,,and I'm STILL worried they'll send me home if my pinkeye is not cleared up by Sunday night,,,,,but there goes the extra money I thought I'd be making by working 12 hours instead of 8 on Sunday,,,PROVIDED I can work Sunday,,,,sigh,,,

Holly
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 6:27AM #4
smf913
I want to thank both of you for responding to me, both comments were greatly appreciated.  I know there are so many people out there who are suffering through this economy as badly and even worst than me.  I am just, I guess "burnt out" from trying to dig out and/or deal with it as I can imagine alot of other people are too.  I pray every night for my family and for all of those who are suffering in this as well.  And then I also pray that God will make the fraudsters out there quit what they are doing to people.  I sometimes just come to my computer in the middle of the night or very early morning when all is quiet and pick a subject and research it for days and then put something together.  I am working on awareness for the innocent from these preditors.  I cannot believe how much is out there!  And the extent of it.  Just beware in all of our time of need that no matter what "if it seems to good to be true, then it is."  But I will assume all of the people on here are smarter than those who want to steal.  This will be my first research that I just may put into a blog.  I am finding out so much and more actions to stop them before they get someone innocent to fall for them.  I will let this board know once I do it.  I guess it is a kind of "therapy/self-help".  I also write a journal of my days to get them out of me before night.  This is what I was taught back a long time ago when I had to go through some PTSD counselling.  I read all these messages on this whole entire board and I think all of you are great.  All of you, in your time of stress say something to anyone to try to see the light.  God Bless all of you for your kindness and humanity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 6:31AM #5
smf913
Jhrs,

Your comments in your reply were so inspirational to me.  And I do thank GOD everyday for my family and the life we have built.  I try not to forget about the good things but sometimes it is hard as all of the negative energy inside me consumes.  On top of having my family, I have a spouse who is so good to me even during this trying time that stresses him out too.  And my kids, well. . .2 of the greatest out there.  I thank God that I haven't had to endure some of the obstacles that many families do with their kids.  (ie. drugs, alcohol, etc.)  My wonderful kids live an honest pure life so far and at their ages they are "above the influence".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 6:38AM #6
smf913
Hi Holly,

Your description of how things are going with your husband's work and yours hit home.  My husband never knows day to day or week to week if we can pay the mortgage and eat or only have one of those  You are in Tampa and how ironic, I am from PA  just  north of Pittsburgh and my family are "Steelers" fans and/or fanatics. While your are working and God I hope you can, send some positive energy to "our" team.  Thank you so so much for your input, you seem to be in my stage of the game at this point.  And if I can find any thing out to help myself financially, I will definately pass it  on to all.  Be careful today, especially with the bronchitis--that can be dangerous if it gets worst.  As far as the pink eye, if you are on meds for at least 24 hours, you should be good.  You are an adult, so you are not going to touch your eye and then something else, so hopefully it will not be an issue.  Again, thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 8:23AM #7
CommieJesus

I know the owner of the house are "counting" on you but you can just rent for now. It is not that important to but their house if you financially cannot do it. Let that stress go! Things will get better for you somehow.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2009 - 9:00PM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Hello smf913:

"scared, stressed, discouraged, etc.  I am just sick and tired of worrying"

Try the Spirituality & Mental Health forum.

"eat"

Grow vegetables.

"I have "tolerable" pain; but on a bad day, LOOK OUT!  I refuse to take narcotics"

Try acupuncture.

"mortgage closing agent"

Is there something else he could do?

"w-2"

?

"I cannot lose this house as it is the house I grew up in."

Nonsense: I live on a different continent from those on which I grew up!

"I cannot go through this stress much longer."

Talk to a counsellor.

"bugs my husband every day; but does not want to pay "

Just say "No."!

"burnt out"

Talk to your physician.

"the fraudsters out there quit"

Checking is a personal responsibility.

"come to my computer in the middle of the night or very early morning when all is quiet and pick a subject and research it for days"

Compulsive behaviour.

"if it seems to good to be true, then it is."

Last night on a documentary, a Norwegian mayor said that about CDOs!

"the people on here are smarter"

I was told that this was an intelligent site.

"PTSD"

You tend to be anxious.

"I am from PA  just  north of Pittsburgh"

State your country in your profile.

G'day jhrsmail:

"God would not put anything on you , that you cannot bear."

I have lost friends to suicide.

Hey ItsAllALie:

"so MANY of you"

On the documentary, Alan Greenspan emphasised that he refused to regulate the US economy!

"work 60,,,and frankly we were GRATEFUL for the 32"

I am medically retired--your family can work!

Blessed CommieJesus:

"if you financially cannot do it. Let that stress go!"

In my experience, Aussies are happier in their more modest homes, than Yanks were in their mansions.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 1:41PM #9
Bunnym58@neo.rr.com

SmileHIIIII THERE! PLEASE EXCUSE MY LARGE PRINT. I HAVE TROUBLE READING. I READ ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES AND WILL DEFINITELY KEEP YOU IN PRAYER. I ALSO AM ON DISSABILITY ALONG WITH MY HUSBAND. WE BOTH JUST MAKE ENDS MEET FROM MONTH TO MONTH AND IT'S GETTING HARDER. WE HAVE 5 KIDS BETWEEN US AND 10 GRANDCHILDREN ALL SPREAD OUT . WE CAN'T GO FAR BECAUSE OF GAS SITUATION AND THEY ARE BUSY TRYING TO RAISE KIDS AND GET THROUGH THEMSELVES. WE ARE IN OUT MIDDLE 50'S AND I HAVE CHRONIC ANXIETY AS WELL ALONG WITH FIBROMYALSIA, I WAS IN HOSOITAL 2 X SINCE END OF JULY THIS YEAR AFTER PASSING OUT ALL SPRING AND SUMMER JUST TO FIND I WAS HAVING SEIZURES AND 2 STROKES. RANDY HAD SURGERY ON 18TH OF AUG SO WE ARE BOTHHEALING AND NEED TO GET THIS OLD TRAILER READY FOR WINTER. WE MOVED HEAR LAST WINTER AND OUR SPRING, SUMMER PLANS JUST DID NOT TURN OUT AS WE HAD EXPECTED. WE NEED TO WEATHER PROOF BEFORE WINTER. WE HAVE TROUBLES FINANCIALLY, ARE STILL HEALING FROM ILLNESSES AND RANDY'S 2 OPERATIONS. WE GET FRUSTRATED BECAUSE JUST GOING TO THE STORE PUTS US IN BED. I CAN ONLY WONDER HOW ANYONE GETS THROUGH WITHOUT GOD. ALTHOUGH WE HAVE GOD IT STILL GETS ROUGH. EVEN THE GROCERY STORES WE LEARNED HAVE CUT BACK ON WHAT THEY USED TO SELL.WE BOTH HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATIONS BECAUSE WE HAVE SUFFERED WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS FOR SO LONG. I WAS PUT ON A SLEEPING PILL THAT IS A GENERIC FORM OF RESTORIL. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU ADDICTED. IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU DROWSY. YOU JUST TAKE 1/2 HR BEFORE GOING TO BED. YOU SLEEP AND FEEL RESTED WHEN GETTING UP. I WAS PUT ON IT BECAUSE THE STRESSAND NO SLEEP IS WHAT CAUSED MY STROKES AND ALSO HELPS RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS MEDICATION IS RIGHT FOR YOU OR NOT BUT I'D TALK TO YOUR DR ABOUT YOUR STRESS, NO SLEEP AND ANXIETY. ALSO NO APPITITE. I WASDOWN TO 85LBS AND LOOKED ANOREXIC. I TRY NOT TO LISTEN TO THE NEWS ANYMORE THAN NEED BE.NOR READ THE NEWSPAPERS. I SPEND TIME LISTENING TO RELAXATION MUSIC, SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE WITH THE LORD,PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY, THE WORLD AND ASKING HIM TO INTERVENE. HE HAS TURNED MY LIFE FROM IMPOSSIBLE TO  A HIGHER LEVEL OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND HAS GIVEN ME PEACE WITHIN. THIS PEACE HAS TO COME FROM WITHIN BEFORE IT WILL SHOW IN YOUR LIFE. PRAY AS THOUGH YOUR PRAYERS ARE ALREADY BEING ANSWERED. I NEVER USED TO DO THAT BUT HAVE PUT MY WHOLE LIFE IN HIS HANDS AND LET HIM TAKE OVER.NOW WHEN IN NEED, I KNOW GOD ALREADY HAS A PLAN AND IT'S ALWAYS BETTER THAN WHAT MINE WAS. IT IS SO EASY TO GET SIDE TRACKED AND THERE HAS BEEN SO MANY CHANGES COMING AT US SO QUICKLY. HAVING 2 TEENAGERS IS A JOB IN ITSELF BUT YOU CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH. YOU NEED HOPE IN YOUR HEART. IT'S HARD WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE CLOSING IN ON YOU, I KNOW. REMEMBER THAT WE ARE ALSO HEARING MANY FEAR TACTICS. PUT THOSE OUTOF YOUR HEAD FIRST, DO WHATEVER YOU NEED AND TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS WORLD EVERY CHANCE YOU GET BY THINKING POSITIVE, GOD WILL FIND AWAY. HE REALLY WILL. I WILL PUT YOU ON MY PRAYER LIST, KNOW THAT YOU AE BEING PRAYED FOR BY MANY TO KEEP YOUR HOUSE,MY PRAYER PARTNERS WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND GET THE WORD OUT TO OTHERS AND WE WILL ALSO GET YOU PRAYED FOR BY OTHER PRAYER GROUPS. BELIEFNET WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALSO IF YOU ASK. THE PEOPLE POSTING COMMENTS WILL PRAY AND THE LORD HEARS ALL.  GET YOUR SLEEP AND BE ABLE TO EAT . IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING TO RELAX YOUR MIND, TRUST ME, YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS CAN CAUSE OTHERS.I'M MAINLY CONCERNED FOR YOUR HEALTH ,MIND, BODY AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU TO GET THE PEACE WITHIN  TO GET YOU YOUR HUSBAND AND CHILDREN THROUGH THIS. WHEN MY MIND STARTS WANDERING, I GO TO A ROOM ALONE, PRAY, PRAISE THE LORD AND JUST TALK TO HIM LIKE I AM TALKING TO YOU NOW. THE RELAXATION HELPS ALSO. A FUNNY MOVIE HEAR AND THERE BUT I DON'T WATCH TV MUCH EITHER. IFYOU LIKE READING, GET YOURSELF A GOOD BOOK ANDLET IT TAKE YOU AWAY FOR AWHILE. I JUST GOT 2 FOR MYSELF GETTING CAUGHT UP WORRYING ABOUT WEATHER PROOFING THIS LITTLE TRAILER BUT I KNOW WE CAN ONLY AFFORD TO DO WHAT WE CAN AND WITH THE HEALING PROCESS OF OUR BODY'S CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH. RANDY AND I AGREED WE WIL GET DONE WHAT WE CAN AS MUCH AS WE NEED AND WAIT TILL SPRING TO FINISH THIS YEARS SPRING AND SUMMER PLANS. ALREADY HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS , YOU REALLY NEED TO NURTURE YOURSELF. I GET JUICES AND INSTANT BREAKFAST AND OVALTINE SO WHEN NOT ABLE TO EAT YOU JUST HAVE TOGET THOSE VITAMINS AND MINERALS IN YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. WE HAD TO FORCE OURSELVES TO DRINKTHOSE AND AFTER A FEW MONTHS WERE ABLE TO EAT AGAIN.MY SUGAR WENT WAY DOWN THEY FOUND IN HOSPITAL AND SAID IT WAS FROM NOT EATING ENOUGH . I TRULY WISH YOU THE BEST AND HOPE TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN . JUST PLEASE BELIEVE AND DO AS JESUS SAID,"JUST ASK, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU." SEEK MY FACE AND YOU SHALL FIND ME, SEEK MY FACE AND I SHALL FIND YOU."

DEAR LORD I COME TO YOU ON BEHALF OF THIS YOUNG WOMAN, HER HUSBAND, CHILDREN AND ASK YOU TO COMFORT THEM. THEY ARE IN GREAT FEAR OF LOSING THEIR HOME. THIS WOMAN HAS DISEASES LORD AND HER HUSBAND AND HER CANNOT EAT OR SLEEP. THEY ARE RAISING TEENAGERS AND NEED THEIR HOME, HEALTH AND YOUR COMFORT AND MIGHTY HANDS TO HOLD THEM UP. YOU LORD ARE THE GREAT PHYSICIAN, YOU PROVIDE ALL OUR NEEDS AND TO YOU ONLY DO WE GIVE ALL THE GLORY. I ASK IN YOUR NAME, SWEET JESUS, INTERVENE IN THIS FAMILY AND PROVIDE FOR THEM ALL NEEDS TO BE MET. AMEN I LOVE YOU JESUS AND I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU AE ABOUT TO DO TO GIVE THIS FAMILY PEACE OF MIND AGAIN AND THE JOY YOU SO MUCH WANT THEM TO HAVE. BUNNY

Speak What He Teaches
"Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say"   (Exodus 4:12).

If God be with our mouth, and with our mind, we shall have something better than the sounding brass of eloquence or the tinkling cymbal of persuasion. God's teaching is wisdom; His presence is power. Pharaoh had more reason to be afraid of stammering Moses than of the most fluent talker in Egypt; for what he said had power in it; he spoke plagues and deaths. If the LORD be with us in our natural weakness we shall be girt with supernatural power.

1 Peter 2:2 NLT

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment,

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 9:03AM #10
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Bunnym58@neo.rr.com:

All capitals is shouting! Your huge paragraph is unreadable.

Wishful thinking is a logical fallacy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook