Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Living on the cheap
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 4:08PM #11
Pam34
Walking SHORT distances - and carpooling for longer ones - and also, combining errands - it doesn't take long to THINK about where you need to go and what you need to do - and choose a route that is most efficient.
Keep your tires properly inflated - poorly inflated tires are a big gas hog, and no, you CAN'T tell by 'looking', you need a gauge.

One of the biggest items in the budget is 'groceries'. The best solution I've found is to take a LIST and stick to it.

Eating out - make it 'special' and not routine.

Wash clothes properly, hang them up in the closet and make minor repairs when needed - and they will last two or three times as long. For some clothes, it pays to buy good quality, but for other purposes - the thrift store is just fine! (gardening, for instance, or camping trips).

Be a tourist in your own home town - there's bound to be something you haven't seen or some activity you haven't done, right around the local area.
Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 9:16PM #12
REteach
I live 3.25 miles from work and I do either walk or ride my bike.  You can get kind of addicted to the outdoors.

Another advantage to cooking from scratch is avoiding overeating. I can feed myself and my husband on 1 chicken breast.  If it is chicken parmesan, we have pasta.  Or I can make Princess Chicken and spread it out over rice.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 10:00PM #13
Pam34
We eat a lot more veggies and a lot less meat. Or use just a little meat to flavor a dish of veggies and grains - good stuff!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 9:16PM #14
REteach
I live 3.25 miles from work and I do either walk or ride my bike.  You can get kind of addicted to the outdoors.

Another advantage to cooking from scratch is avoiding overeating. I can feed myself and my husband on 1 chicken breast.  If it is chicken parmesan, we have pasta.  Or I can make Princess Chicken and spread it out over rice.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 10:00PM #15
Pam34
We eat a lot more veggies and a lot less meat. Or use just a little meat to flavor a dish of veggies and grains - good stuff!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 2:43PM #16
natureboy_the0

Pam34 wrote:

Nice idea if you can survive that way - ninety percent of the world population likely can't.

No housing? It gets down to 40 below zero here - care to try to survive that without protection from the elements?
Vegetables? sure - we can grow potatoes and onions and hay. That's about it. The growing season is usually less than 90 days long. So we could eat potatoes and onions for a month or two. That leaves ten months of the year with hay, I suppose.
I am not a horse. Hay is not a human diet.

Pam,
you are man who are to have the ability to "exceed the earth and all herein" (Gen. 1:26 & 28), dominion's definition, and not horse but is to exceed its ability. Of course, those instructions are for "born again" man, since Adam caued us to loose those during the Norah flood (Gen. 6:4), and we don't obtain those "dominion powers" demonstrated by Yeshua (Jesus) until we become "new adults" (John 14:12 & I John 3:2).

Being "born again" (John 3:8 & Mat. 28:19-20) man wondering the earth over sharing our comprehension of life, we will know when fall comes in to go south until we get "dominion powers". At that time we will become as hairy as a horse (Dan. 4:33) or as "Bigfoot, Yeti, Abombable Snowman & Lucy", able to exced the earth and all herein.

Pam34 wrote:

walking? Let's see - I live in the nearest town to my work area, and that work area is 47 miles away. If I walk 3 miles per hour, I could walk to work in - what? - 15 plus hours? That doesn't work too well with a 24 hour day. I couldn't even get there and back in a day, much less work. Plus since I'm apparently shoeless, I don't think I'd even get there in the first place - too many rocks and thorns. Move closer you say? Not at option. The government owns most of the land and we can't camp out for more than two weeks in any one spot. There are two thousand of us working there. Where do we go?

Oh - and there's no way to grow anything without water, and water is scarce. plus of course, the growing season is still just 90 days - or less.

Of course, once you eliminate the government, we'll most all be dead anyway, which would certainly alleviate the food supply issues for the survivors. They could always eat each other.

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 10:31PM #17
Pam34
natureboy - I rather think the 'exceeding the earth' bit refers to building those nice houses and inventing efficient and practical ways to heat them.

Last time I read it (not too long ago, as it happens) Adam was long time gone before Noah's flood. And it doesn't take being 'born again' to learn to save on groceries and take a sensible approach to purchases.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 3:27PM #18
natureboy_the0

Pam34 wrote:

natureboy - I rather think the 'exceeding the earth' bit refers to building those nice houses and inventing efficient and practical ways to heat them.

Last time I read it (not too long ago, as it happens) Adam was long time gone before Noah's flood. And it doesn't take being 'born again' to learn to save on groceries and take a sensible approach to purchases.

Pam,
I realize those things.  Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil some 1500 to 2000 before the flood but the Genesis 1 man, "sons of god", didn't subcome to the eating until the flood of ignorance fell upon man and took away those abilities from them.  All man since the flood are a hybird between the Gen. 1 man and Adam's descendents is why we don't have the powers Yeshua demonstrated any more.  Now, to regain those abilities, we have to become "born again". 

For man of the world, dominion does mean to control the animals and make things from the earth and animals and control them.  For the sons of god called out of the world Yeshua is the example of dominion.  The following is for man of he world, the sons of god will live like the animals with dominion powers.

[COLOR=blue]According to the Declaration of Independence the governors of the people are to take into consideration the interest of the people.  The United States’ governors have forgotten that and consider only how to earn more money which it deems necessary.  However, they have forgotten the many nations of the Natives of these Americas used only trade across nations.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Having money was the greatest tool in building this nation into the industrial nation it is, but now that it has reached that apex it has become a fault to the continuance of itself.  Today, the government should consider transforming itself into a SERVICE FOR SURVIVAL system.   Money will only lead to increased hardships for man-in-mass.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Money, as the nation’s most sought resource, has descended this nation into a pit of corruption so deep only a SRVICE FOR SURVIVAL system can dig it out.  It has created a mind of greed and luxury which has caused the judicial system to seek convictions rather than justice, the legislative branch how to protect money rather than the people, and the administrative system the power to control the people by it rather than serving the people with it.  It is time for a change!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]The technology of this nation is of such that it can keep records of who serves the nation and who doesn’t.  The Social Security Card (SSC) is mandatory for all workers and could become the identification for everyone.  It would include their picture [upgraded after disfiguring incidents, age and annually for children], status [worker, vacationing, housewife, student, driver and any others] and will be their right to buy because they are serving the state.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]With this system: all crimes to obtain goods [greed or needs], illegal immigration, illegal drug and prostitution would be eliminated.  All United States generated jobs would remain here.  People would not have to be afraid of changing jobs once a job becomes a bore or they are not satisfied with the one they have.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]In general, the United States would become a “Utopia”.[/COLOR]

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 9:38PM #19
Ilithyia1958
I don't care what kind of car/truck you drive, if you drive under 60MPH you will save money!  You will get better gas mileage!  Try it and see!  I dare you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 9:38PM #20
Ilithyia1958
I don't care what kind of car/truck you drive, if you drive under 60MPH you will save money!  You will get better gas mileage!  Try it and see!  I dare you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook