6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 5:20AM #1
softpie
i work in a telecom company and its been a year only, and after a year we expected a rise in salary and our post to be reviewed but still nothing has happened. and that;s being so frustating. So, I am thinking of starting my masters degree soon but for that i have to seek abroad studies as my subject is not available in our country. so I need help from all who read this message. shall i continue working where i am working OR should i start preparing myself for postgraduate studies? And another option that seems to suit me is applying PR (permanent residency) in Australia. WHich path should I take in this case. and applying for PR will take 1 and 1/2 years and my work experience will then be near 3 years. shall i continue working and gain a good professional work experience or start PR and work for a year and then only study. Please friends help me with your advice. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUGGEST ME!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 7:49AM #2
PaulaEdwina
I'm doing both; working (2 jobs at this stage actually) and studying. How? Online. There are accredited universities that offer programs online -some have some face-to -face requirements (my PhD Public Health with Walden University requires 20 face to face credits broken down into 4-day and 6-day residencies).  So you don't have to go anywhere at all.

Paula
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 8:56AM #3
softpie
Yes that's an option. Thanks!! I also tried this but they say online education system isn't possible in our country. nepal still hasnt applied this system yet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 5:35PM #4
PaulaEdwina
That's interesting. I'd never thought about it from the student's home country perspective. Walden, for example, has international students. I always thought all you needed was a modem.

Paula
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 5:35PM #5
PaulaEdwina
That's interesting. I'd never thought about it from the student's home country perspective. Walden, for example, has international students. I always thought all you needed was a modem.

Paula
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook