Switch to Forum Live View recipe for Croakers?
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 3:48PM #1
boodlebear
I bought some croakers and I hope someone in virtual land has an idea or two to fix them. They're whole, beheaded and gutted.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 12, 2008 - 7:44PM #2
darcamani
boodlebear,

Define "Croaker". :)

Depends on what it is,  if it is frog legs, which is what croakers are where I live, ya just dip them in egg, seasoned flour and fry.

Croaker as in white fish, it is a nice white fish and requires little more than a quick fry in butter served with lemon .

Keep it simple until you know how the critter cooks and tastes , as close to natural as possible.

Then get fancy.

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 12, 2008 - 8:15PM #3
boodlebear
Thank you and if I had half a brain I would have mentioned they were the fish. I'm such a duh.  I ended up placing them under glass with a bit of chicken broth and pepper, old bay seasoning and a light sprinkle of salt after they were finished steaming. I think they're more fun to catch. I'm a freshwater fish kinda girl and they were always filleted. Cracker crumbs and lightly fried in oil. salt and pepper.
I wasn't too crazy about the bones but I've had Spot deep fried and the meat pulled away from the bone. Maybe that'll help. I'll try them again. Definitely inexpensive and probably healthier being nearer the bottom of the food chain. Thank you again for your help. Boodlebear.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 11:38AM #4
MsCGheartofohio
Mmm,
You made me think of fresh Lake Erie walleye.  Lightly battered & fried, OMG.
No time for anything fancy, just inhale :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 11:35AM #5
darcamani
I love fried catfish on white bread with plenty of hot sauce, my inner hillbilly wakes right up :)

Dar
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2008 - 8:52PM #6
MsCGheartofohio
oh, mama, that's what I'm talkin' about! :D
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook