Switch to Forum Live View Spirituality & Parenting: What's Your Story?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 2:47PM #1
BeliefnetFamily
How are you raising your kids with regard to spirituality or religion? Is it different from or the same as how you were raised? Are you and your spouse on the same page? Please share the story of your spiritual journey and how it affects your child-raising.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 12:47PM #2
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=BeliefnetFamily;417677]How are you raising your kids with regard to spirituality or religion? Is it different from or the same as how you were raised? Are you and your spouse on the same page? Please share the story of your spiritual journey and how it affects your child-raising.[/QUOTE]

i am muslim and i decided to only religiously educate my kids i did the approrpriate paper work in the two countries we inhabate...

i am excited and scared and just need a safe place to explore being  a homeschooling muslimo(rman)h

i am very nervous but no longer bad scared... i have a wife that works and stays home... and i call the heavenly representative in my family (but i have my own coven yay)... my husband 2 of my friend families  have lady's as the head of their house... i'm so excited to get out of intensive deprogramming into the family my lord gathered everytime i learned to complain
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 12:50PM #3
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=Tolerant Sis;420609]I am a recovering Catholic, who realized at 16 that I was no longer a believer.  When my son was born, a friend of ours who happened to be a Catholic priest christened him at Ocean Beach in San Francisco.  We had a beautiful beach-front service. 

Much later, I stood in as godmother when my sister-in-law's own sister couldn't make the christening, and heard his little seven-year-old voice piping up from the pews, "Dad, who's that guy on the cross?"

We decided that some kind of religious training was in order, not because we wanted to raise a believer, but because he would be living in the US, where 85% of the population claims to believe in Jesus.  So I went back to our priest friend (who knew the score), and he offered to teach Tim.  I started taking him to church every Sunday.  In short order, Tim underwent first communion, became an altar-boy, and soon after, started catechism classes. 

When he was 13, he was confirmed.

The next week, he told me, "Okay, mom, I get it.  I don't have to go back now."  Except for weddings, funerals, and baptisms (and the occasional Christmas Eve service when aging relatives are in town), he hasn't gone back.  He knows more about the history of religion and the Bible than many communicants, but he decided he has no use for it, either.[/QUOTE]

...muslimoa                 what ever you decide i'd love to help or at least listen...    wherever you are in your eternal(reincarnate) cycle
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook