Switch to Forum Live View Rotisserie, Microwave Convection recipes
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 11:27AM #1
appy20
My microwave died and I bought a new one.  I bought one that is a rotisserie, convection oven too.  It does not come with any recipes at all.  I looked online and there are several people who bought this same machine and had the same complaint.  The company web site also does not have recipes.

Does anyone have any simple recipes, specifically the rotisserie part of things for this type of machine?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 6:06PM #2
Urukai
Here is one possible site:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2/fr … 007AAxNeOe

I hope this helps...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 7:56PM #3
appy20
Thank you, but I already saw those and they were not for the Sylvania.  They were for rotisseries in general.  The difference with the Sylvania that makes it so tricky is that there is combo cooking. You cook rotisserie/convection, rotisserie, microwave or just rotisserie.   The manufacturer should have included something but it doesn't.  The combo stuff gets tricky.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 4:18PM #4
Urukai
I'm sorry hon...I'll keep a lookout and If I see anything i'll definately mention it here...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2008 - 8:54AM #5
appy20
I had to return the thing.   The microwave part quit on me.  I bought a rotiserrie, convection oven (and it has instructions) and a separate microwave.    I think I will like this better.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2008 - 2:10PM #6
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=appy20;246394]I had to return the thing.   The microwave part quit on me.  I bought a rotiserrie, convection oven (and it has instructions) and a separate microwave.    I think I will like this better.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow!  That has to have been disappointing.  Yet from this I"m betting the rotisserie + convection will prove to be a better option for ya.

Cannot imagine selling such an item without including instructions.  Every kitchen appliance I've ever purchased came with recipes- some included actual cook books (small ones).

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 12:21PM #7
appy20
Thus far, I like my new oven.  I think I will have the best of all worlds with two separate units.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 5:35PM #8
rasphila
[QUOTE=appy20;249433]Thus far, I like my new oven.  I think I will have the best of all worlds with two separate units.[/QUOTE]

We just have a regular stove with a regular oven, so I can't be much help with recipes, but I have a suggestion for searching. Epicurious.com (http://www.epicurious.com/) has an advanced search that allows you to look for microwave recipes. I'd also bet you could find instructions for adapting recipes from a regular oven to a convection oven, possibly even on the Epicurious site. I use it all the time to get ideas for cooking stuff I've never done before or want to try in a different style. It's a great resource. You have to register to get the good stuff, but registration is free and carries no obligations that I could see.
"Prediction is very hard, especially when it's about the future."—Yogi Berra
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 9:39AM #9
appy20
Rasphila, I have an entire book on converting regular oven recipes to a convection oven. However, once again the whole thing changes with combo cooking.  That was the problem.  Combo cooking does not work so simply.  Now, that I have a convection oven AND a microwave oven, it isn't as complicated.  My favorite cookbook converts oven cooking to convection. I just didn't have anything that could convert to micro/convection or grill/convection or rotisserie/convection cooking when part of the process is by one thing and the rest of the cooking is by another.

Anyway, I think it is easier now with two units.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook