Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Do you have a degree you don't use?
9 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 7:13PM #21
DesertKat
[QUOTE=runegurl;720891]whee!  desertkat!! *waves*  long time, no me here on bnet...

(snip)

runegurl[/QUOTE]

Hey, rune!  How the heck have you been?  I got a bit disgruntled on the ol' AR debate board and decided it was time I skedattled for a bit at least.  I seriously lost my temper over some Army training thread, but then it hit pretty close to home all things considered. 

So, entering nursing school, eh?  As someone who just completed it, good luck on that second career!
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 12:20AM #22
Sailorlal79
[QUOTE=DesertKat;722164]What can I say?  It took me a while.  I was an archaeologist after graduating with my first BA but I blew out my knee and went back to school to become a teacher after pressure from my parents.  I taught secondary science for four years and returned to school to get a BS in nursing and have just started a job in psychiatric nursing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that really inspires me and makes me feel better, kat:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 2:13PM #23
PaulaEdwina
Hey there Runegurl! It's been a long damned time. Great to see you some more.

Sorry for hijacking the post for a shoutout.

Paula
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 10:39AM #24
runegurl
*waves at paula*  hey there!  good to see you too.  you are one of those people who left a voice in my head when i was away.  if you know what i mean.....it was a good thing. really.  hee.  you never once told me to kill anyone....;)

three careers, four.....

i dunno. i guess i look at life more as a process than a destination.  if you got an education in something, and do it, that's great. if it stops being something you enjoy, and you go back and get more training for something else, and go do that, and enjoy it, it's not WASTING time, money, or a degree in something else. it's just you, taking the journey of your life and your evolving interests and outlooks.  i don't think most of us are geared to stay doing the same thing our whole lives, if we really don't have to.  i know i'm not. 

give yourself permission to change.  it's really an okay thing. 

rune
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 10:07PM #25
Sailorlal79
Thanks Rune! I got a job in HR at a big corporation. Today was my third day, and I really like it so far. It's temporary (6 weeks) but they told me it could be permanent. It feels good to shake off old bad feelings....
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 10:07PM #26
Sailorlal79
Thanks Rune! I got a job in HR at a big corporation. Today was my third day, and I really like it so far. It's temporary (6 weeks) but they told me it could be permanent. It feels good to shake off old bad feelings....
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook