7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 11:07AM #1
mom2-4Angels
I know what you all must be thinking...what the heck is HOT DOG SOUP, most may not know about it, and maybe some have had it, but it's real simple to do and is very tasty...so, if you are up for it, write it down and enjoy making this soup and even more enjoyment out of eating it. I promise it's good!

1 pack BEEF hot dogs ( slice pack of hot dogs into 1/2 inch rounds)
1 pack of Chirucio(portuguese saugauge) slick chirucio into 1/2 inch rounds)
2 med potatoes peeled and cut in quarters
1 onion peeled and cut in quarters

add all ingredents to large pot, run water just enough to cover the ingredents, do not over add as this will weaken the broth flavor, if you like a strong spicy broth, don't add to much, but adding just enough to cover the ingredents makes the broth just right. the Chriucio is what gives the broth the flavor.

bring soup to boil then simmer for about a half hour or until potatoes are tender..enjoy!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 2:12PM #2
solfeggio
Have you got even the faintest idea what goes into your average hot dog?  If you did, you would most certainly NOT be telling people to make this disgusting soup!

Hot dogs contain everything from dead rats and their droppings to sawdust, floor sweepings, and every sort of offal from the slaughterhouses. 

They're toxic!

But, that's not the worst of it.  Killing innocent animals in slaughterhouses just so meat processing companies can make these truly horrible so-called 'food' products is immoral in the extreme.

There are many foods that no human should or even needs to eat, and hot dogs are right up there at the top of this list.

Anybody advocating their use should be ashamed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 5:58PM #3
Urukai
Hi there - Solfeggio,
This is -Not- a vegetarian or vegan board..There are such boards for such interests...
People on this board are allowed to post posts about the foods they consume or are interested in whether you agree with their food choices or not...
You could have come here and posted some positive healthy information; recipes, data or whatever to educate...Instead...you try to intimidate, humiliate and demean other people... 
You decided shame and arrogance would be better in your effort to dictate the dietary choices of others...you decided that you have a right to do these things but you don't...
You should feel ashamed that you feel such a need to bully people on this board in such a manner...it smacks of insecurity...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 2:59PM #4
solfeggio
Piffle....

People should make informed food choices, and nobody should be under the delusion that eating hot dogs is in any way a healthy food choice.

Am I feeling ashamed that I felt the need to tell people that they shouldn't be eating hot dogs?  Not in the least.   Most of the time people haven't a clue what foods are good for them and which aren't.  They need to be educated, rather than have the same stupid line of bs pushed at them by the meat/dairy industries.

If intimidation gets people to think, than so be it.

And, who the hell cares whether this is a 'vegetarian' or 'vegan' board or not?  Bad food choices are bad food choices, no matter what you are.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 12:17PM #5
IreneAdler
Can one substitute vegetarian hot dogs for the beef hot dogs?  These are made with soybean and contain no meat whatsoever.  And being it's a soup, it might work quite well, as some say they find vegetarian dogs taste best when boiled-as opposed to grilled.   

Though I imagine the vegetarian hot dogs, which are nonetheless hot dogs, still contain all the
"dead rats and their droppings to sawdust, floor sweepings, and every sort of offal from the slaughterhouses" that beef hot dogs contain. After all, both are processed foods. Course, one would still be guilty of killing a living being as many an innocent soybean must go into the making of the vegetarian hot dog. ;)

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 4:36PM #6
solfeggio
Make jokes about it if you want, but the bottom line is always that meat hot dogs always means that some poor, innocent creatures were abused, tortured, and killed so that selfish, self-indulgent humans could stuff their faces with crap that will, if they indulge long enough, kill them.

And, you may think it is a big joke that innocent creatures die, but they suffer in the same way as your cute little dog would suffer if s/he were to be killed and ground up into hot dog meat.

Innocent soybeans?  Yeah, right.  Very clever.  About what you'd expect from somebody who could care less about what happens to animals in the meat factories.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 10:27PM #7
Urukai
So Solfeggio,
Your purpose here seems to be nothing more than turning people off and away from vegetarianism...if that is so congrats...
You honestly can't do any better than this...?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 8:10AM #8
IreneAdler
[QUOTE=solfeggio;233002]Make jokes about it if you want, but the bottom line is always that meat hot dogs always means that some poor, innocent creatures were abused, tortured, and killed so that selfish, self-indulgent humans could stuff their faces with crap that will, if they indulge long enough, kill them.

And, you may think it is a big joke that innocent creatures die, but they suffer in the same way as your cute little dog would suffer if s/he were to be killed and ground up into hot dog meat.

Innocent soybeans?  Yeah, right.  Very clever.  About what you'd expect from somebody who could care less about what happens to animals in the meat factories.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought the idea of using vegetarian hot dogs would at least offer a non-meat alternative that might be acceptable.  Guess I was wrong- my apologies.

I was being sarcastic - guess that was mis-understood as well (gee, can't ya take a little joke?). So sorry if that offended.

I will ask the host to remove my post as you have found it insulting/upestting. Not my intent.

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 5:47PM #9
Urukai
I love soups especially on cold winter days...

When I was a kid my mom used to make either mushroom stew (Creme of mushroom soup made with milk and butter and huge chunks of potatoes in it) or
Hamburger soup...
Water
Spaghetti sauce
Chunked raw:
Carrots, potatoes, onions
Ground hamburger
Salt, pepper, garlic powder...
Everything goes in raw including the hamburger and cooked with lid on for about an hour and a half....

As an adult I still love this but instead of water I use veggie broth (2 - 14 ounce cans for every jar of spaghetti sauce) for the extra flavor and instead of hamburger I use soy crumbles - it is addictive with home baked bread and butter...

Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook