7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 11:48AM #1
ShirleyGoodness
Welcome! Please tell us about yourself and your interest in cooking.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 12:40PM #2
MarleneEmmett5
Shirleygoodness:
Hello, my name's Marlene. I've been cooking since the age of six~ Mother was a waitress and Dad was a
short order cook. They met while working at the same coffee shop, it was near the Metropolitian Museum in
NYC. Dad was Italian/German & Mother was Jewish/Austrian/Irish~ some background taste wise!
First meal was to get my GirlScout Cooking badge~ Roast beef, mashed potoates & stringbeans, and gravy.
Mom supervised~ but I did all the work!. I'm 53 and married~ hubby loves my cooking.
I tell him all I need is a kitchen with *all the bells and whistles~ I have it all planned out*
One of my best friends and I used to cook up a storm when he lived in NYC~ he moved to AZ.
I still love to cook~ my next big cooking job~ Thanksgiving!.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 3:19PM #3
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
I'm Rochelle, and I love cooking when I have time and the energy.  It is hard to cook for one, but sometimes friends and I get together for "Mexican nights", or "Italian nights", etc.   We plan to have "Chinese night" soon. I make casseroles frequently.  I have much to learn because I never cook all that much so I hope to spend more time doing so.  It would be great to take cooking classes just for fun and to learn creative ways to cook.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 7:59PM #4
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=The_Absent_Minded_Princess;49131]I'm Rochelle, and I love cooking when I have time and the energy.  It is hard to cook for one, but sometimes friends and I get together for "Mexican nights", or "Italian nights", etc.   We plan to have "Chinese night" soon. I make casseroles frequently.  I have much to learn because I never cook all that much so I hope to spend more time doing so.  It would be great to take cooking classes just for fun and to learn creative ways to cook.[/QUOTE]
The_Absent_Minded_Princess/Rochelle:
Hi Rochelle~ My best friend and I used to do *lots of damage in my old kitchen* we're both gourmet cooks and
have known each other since we went to high school together~We share the same tastes in food, also we're
not afraid to try new dishes! I'm lucky to be able to make recipies up from something I've seen on TV or read
in one of my food magazines~ As Emeril likes to say "it's not rocket science" I agree, all one has to do to be a
good cook is to follow a recipie that you've seen or read~ also it helps if you think you can make it better!.
I've taken to writing down the dishes that have worked in the past for me~ Try it you won't be sorry.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2007 - 11:50PM #5
Urukai
Hello all...
Just found this section of the Bnet board...and thought I would say hello...I have no idea where to start...so I guess I'll just jump in if that is okay...I love food...all kinds every cuisines...my father also was a short order cook mostly when I was young ( am in my 40s now) and later in my teens we ran a restaurant for a time...my diet has been vegetarian for the last 7 years...that has been an interesting exploration...Because I love to cook and love to eat I really enjoy cooking shows on tv and experimenting with new concoctions and seeing what works...
I have no idea really how to end this so for now I guess I just will...:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  May 23, 2013 - 11:10AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I have a spicy rabbit & veg curry in the crock pot.

I've had a couple of day workshops learning how to make Indian vegetarian tucker. And ages ago I had vegetarian cooking lessons from the Seventh Day Adventists.

I wanna keep costs down, and eat healthily.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook