Switch to Forum Live View Is it bad for one's health to drink...
3 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2011 - 5:59PM #1
dormguard
diet tonic water?  Occasionally I will have some, but then I was told that it is just as bad as having a diet soda or just soda.  I was surprised.  It is said that it is good to relieve restless leg syndrome at night; I don't know how true that is.  Any help with this question, sure would be appreciated.
Dormguard
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2012 - 5:03PM #2
DotNotInOz

It may be the acid content which is what is usually blamed for the damaging effects of both diet and regular soda. The acid in soda damages tooth enamel as well as stimulating appetite.

Tonic water is fairly high in sodium which could be a problem for some people. For one thing, a diet high in sodium can stimulate appetite so that you're eating more than you need.

If you maintain a healthy weight and have no problems such as high blood pressure that require restricted sodium intake, I doubt that an occasional tonic water would be harmful. Depends what you mean by occasionally.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 10:29AM #3
2012escapee

For restless leg, you might just try a magnesium supplement at night. The Calms powder mixes up sort of like a soda.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook