4 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2011 - 7:12AM #1
Kwinters

Well I've been doing Atkins for about 2 weeks now and I feel great.  Yes, I eat veggies every day, as well as fat and protein.  And you know what?  I feel so much better!  I have more energy, I wake up naturally much earlier every day, my post nasal drip is GONE, and I am gradually losing weight.  Not only that I have so much energy I'm naturally motivated to get out and walk places just to burn some of it off!

Not every metabolism is the same, and quite frankly I GAINED weight when I was carbo-loading and running up to 20 miles a week.  I was devastated to be limiting my net daily calories to 1500, running 4 times a week and still ended up fatter than when I started - and NO it WASN'T 7 lbs of muscle I was putting on.  Muscle doesn't make your belly fat jiggle more.

I will eventually start adding more carbs to my diet in order to find the daily carb intake that allows me to maintain my weight, but the first place to start is low and then build up.

In the meantime, poultry, nice cheese, a bit of cream in my coffee, sucrolose sweeteners, salad and veggies have transformed my life!

I tried Weight Watchers, 1200 a day diets and heavy exercise.  None have had the transformative impact that eliminating bread, pasta and sugars have had!

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2011 - 7:28AM #2
Kwinters

PS I started Feb 6 and today is my bday.  I've gone from 142 to 137 lbs.  Happy birthday to me! :-)

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 5:36PM #3
rideronthastorm

Cobgratualtions guys! Nope not on atkins Im on Body For Life, its a semi low carb diet plan. i dontbelieve in changing anyones diet to mine becaus eI believe in each his own so if Adtkins is working for you congrats! I get 5 or 6 small meals a day chicken fish and turkey grilled low fat only one protien one carb per meal i get 1 or 2 whole wheats a day 1 baked potatoe, 2 apples vegis and grilled protien and diet drinks and I drink 80 to 100 ounces a day of water.Ive lost 63 lbs in the past 10 months and happy as a cat about my diet, I went off my diet for two months though so its really only been 8 months of being on it so.Exercis eis extremely important as well with my diet so.

I wouldnt trade mine for the world. i do see the point in eating low carb though thats why Im semilow carb so congrats on the weight loss and change of diet that great!Its nice to be on a diet where your not tempted by junk food and fast foods and candie and chips and junk aint it? I know many other diets that arent near as healthy I love the focus being on protien vegis and fruits.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2011 - 1:50PM #4
Kwinters

rider,

It took me a bit to get used to cream in my coffee, but I've very quickly adapted.  I also got sugar free dark chochie as a treat every once and a while.  I've started to put a few nuts in my diet, and on Sat when I was up and down the stairs about 20 times I allowed myself a bite size (1 inch square) of lemon cake and banana cake, but I'm still in fat-burning ketosis.

Enjoying my broc, tommies, and asparagus, tho.  And really looking forward to getting in my increasingly baggy jeans :-)

Glad you're enjoying yours as well!

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook