4 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2011 - 6:09AM #1
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Aussie secondary students were studied.

«The survey found that 85 percent of students surveyed do not engage in enough physical activity for it to prove beneficial, also 14 percent do not eat enough fruit and vegetables, roughly a third drink four or more carbonated drinks in the average week, 43 percent eat fast food at least once a week.»

www.embraceaustralia.com/australia-joins...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 3:18AM #2
rideronthastorm

Unfortunately in my state Tx, we are the fattest state in America and the worste with child obesity. Weve had a few specials on tv about them and w ehave a few at 4, 5 and 6 and even a few yes at 700 lbs its sad . Its shocking.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2011 - 2:35AM #3
Kellycross

I'm a Texas native by birth but have not lived there for 15 years. I grew up  loving all the down home cooking and the fast food restaurants that Texas is so famous for. Texans sure know how to eat up. Remember "everything is bigger in Texas". I paid the price for my intense desire to indulge in food as I was a heavy child and a heavy adult all the way up to 28 years old. My love of food and overeating till I got sick started when I was about 4 years old. Everyone in my family was overweight and I was taught that food is pleasure and entertainment and just a really good time. 

Fortunately I suffered greatly most of my childhood as I was tortured in school bullied almost to insanity sometimes and I never experienced love or going out and having a good time like a lot of young people do. I educated myself when I was a young adult and had that to be proud of and it made me feel confident intellectually but the sadness and depression of obesity was always with me. I hated my bottom half more than anything and constantly pulled on my clothes to cover that area. I'd usually attract older men who wanted a young girl and I allowed that to flatter me. 

When I was 27 going on 28 I had dreamed of losing weight for the thousandth time and all my fad diets haunted me over the years. Finally I said no more and meant it. I joined a local community center and found a safe haven where I could work out for 30 minutes per day. I worked out 6 days a week and 30 minutes per day and that was my committment.  My eating secret to success was to replace most of my dinner foods with a large salad everyday and no more than 2 cups of something light to eat along with it on the side. Lunch was light too and I did not like breakfast. It took me a year to reach goal and after three years I am muscular and I love my workouts as being a regular part of my existence. Even though I was a fat kid all my life and a heavy adult I still beat it with support from the lord, I'd pray for the lord to keep me on the right path and he never let me down.  If you know someone who has been heavy for most of their life don't give up on them and give in to statistics that they will always be fat, support them a million times until their time comes to shed those pounds.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 1:01AM #4
rideronthastorm

kellyCross said ". I'd usually attract older men who wanted a young girl and I allowed that to flatter me. " did you ever date any of them? I am 44 and look very young for my age but I have the same thing going on of course all the older men like me because I look unusually young.

Im dating an older man now hes 57!Well hes also Polyamourous. i have found that men who lead alternative lifestyles-BDSM, Polyamourous, Married jerks looking to cheat on their wives of course and sometimes younger men looking to get some for nothing will try to get to me to get a friebie and those are the types that will usually go for me. But despite the fact I do have a low self esteem with men but have allowed so many men to use me and misuse me sexually that it seems odd but even at my now weight between 294 and 300 though my weights going down im still big and fat but even at this big fat ugly weight I actually seem to be more comfortable with men at times then women, and I surely am nothing to look at.

As disgusting as it sounds,i simply think men are sort of bazzare is the whole of it, it seems to be easy to read my body language , and Ive had several men tell me they can tell Ive had a promiscouis sexual past with men being around me. Even though mostly theyre not interested in me,not romantically, but friendship wise they seem to be able to talk to me and lots of times Im kind of just one of the guys . I actually get along with men more then women. i think its all strange but it all has to do with self esteem and body image, Ive been dependant on my sexuality alot of my life and sex to get attention from men so I turn to sex to get me through and just end up being more comfortable with myself.so even though they may think Im not attractive they may end up talking to me or making me comfortable around them regardless.I think alot of men want to take advantage of women with low self esteem though they see it as an easy way to get some you know.Ive allowed it to go on so long that i just seem to fall into the role not sure if I ever want to change it Im 44 Im getting old but I still look young, I like the attention.

But maybe things will change after I lose weight you know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 3:21AM #5
Kellycross

I did date older men from the time I was 18 to now even. I was not promiscuous and I did have low self esteem. I once dated a man who was exactly 40 yrs old and I was 20, we had the exact same birth date. He was not interested in me as a person but he was interested in bragging to his buddies about dating a young female. The dating only lasted a couple of months. 

I'm 31 yrs old now and I am dating a man occasionally who is 56 yrs old. I've dated this person off and on for about 9 yrs and other older men too. When I made the comment about feeling that a older man wanted some arm candy it was my low self esteem back then and my personal feelings that I shared. 

I've seen and experienced some nice times with men who were much older than me and it was not physical and they were just people only older. Actually right now I have been interested in younger men lately, something new for me, I'm talking less than 5 yrs younger more close to 30.

Next time you write I'd like to see some positive things written about yourself and tell us about some of the talents and treasures that the lord has blessed you with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 10:01AM #6
rideronthastorm

Thanks for being positive about me Kelly, I have such a hard time making friends with women, Im beginning to think they all hate me particularly the obese and overweight women.It seems that everyone has problems with getting men to like them and when I admit to being more layed back with men and being more of a sexual person it just seems that they treat me like Im a &itch!It hurts my feelings bad, I dont like being treated like a bad girl.

But maybe my one positive thing about me is that i am layed back about sex its no big deal with me so Ive had plenty of male friends and its fun and I have a good time with men. i do know how to party and have a good time at parties thats good and I have an at home job calling people at home to get household donations for charity so i guess thats good. I guess I can see this as 2 different ways your right, maybe I should just see the whole sexual thing as a positive not a negative, hey Im very sexual so Im not self conscious about my body with men as some women are thats good right?I have  a young voice, Im 44 and look like Im in my early 30s late twenties which is good.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2011 - 3:54AM #7
Kellycross

Nice to see your post. I definitely think its a plus that you are not self conscious around men. Sounds like you got confidence in the dating scene and you know that men are going to see your beauty and want to get to know you. I worked at a Methodist church as a intern for about a year and I would make a lot of phone calls for people to assist them with you know all kinds of things like paying their bills during hard times. Basically it was a referral service and we just connected people with places that could assist with all kinds of things. Had this big information book and I would just connect people, also had a food pantry too.

I heard that these days it is tough to meet people traditional ways such as in public places to date. Heard that more people today are meeting people online or dating websites more than ever, wonder if that is the real future of dating. I do date a older man that I love but I'm not feeling that he is a soul mate or anything like that. I have considered the website ways of meeting men but I am comfortable with my life and not yet ready to give in. thanks, Kelly

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 5:08AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I am conscious of ageism. Being nice to people and sharing talents would help.

«The marketing of junk food to children which drives the pester power is still an enormous force undermining parents' attempts to create healthy diets for their children and regulatory action by government is long overdue»

www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/obes...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook