Page 1 of 29  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Vegan diet becoming more popular, more mainstream
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 7:56PM #1
solfeggio

Check out this piece in the Washington Post:

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ar...

Naturally, I am very pleased to see this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 9:27PM #2
MMarcoe

Having been lacto-veg for 19 years, I've been trying to edge closer to being vegan. But it's hard. I seem to require a lot of fat, being the nervous type that I am.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 10:42PM #3
Roodog

More Milk and honey for me!

I just LOOOVE ice cream!Tongue out

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 11:09PM #4
rangerken

My daughter, who has done a bit of Bambi assasination during hunting seasons past, has been a vegetarian for a few years (and so obvously no longer hunts). So when Eileen is home we just prepare veggie meals for her while Mary Clare, our son Joe if he's home, and I enjoy our more predatory meals.

I'm all for anyone who wants to be a vegan to be one. After all, along with my personal predatory antics regarding edible animals I also thoroughly enjoy committing spinachside, dismemberment of celery stalks, mutilating tomatos, and slaughtering helpless lettuces.

Why I've even successfully hunted with great stealth those carefully camoflaged and well dug in yummie roots called potatos!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 11:27PM #5
Ken

Jan 5, 2011 -- 9:27PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Having been lacto-veg for 19 years, I've been trying to edge closer to being vegan. But it's hard. I seem to require a lot of fat, being the nervous type that I am.

I must have cheese.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 2:00AM #6
Stardove

Being a vegetarian for years and years I have to admit I love cheese too.  We don't do butter at home or milk, except soy, and I will crave an egg every once in a while, but cheese is something I do love.  I buy the vegan cheese slices sometimes, but do the real thing more often.

I have a friend who has a line of vegan cookies and products, but she and her husband are about to locate to south Texas.  Think they will ship their products up here for a while, but most likely look for customers in Austin, instead of Dallas. (TX, of course)

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 8:47AM #7
Christianlib

As a cook, I have found that almost any vegan recipe can be improved by the addition of some beef stock or chicken stock.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 3:46PM #8
solfeggio

...the usual comments by the usual suspects who just don't 'get' what this is all about.

Ho-hum. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 3:53PM #9
Girlchristian

I think it's good that the movement has grown. When I was a vegetarian, it and veganism were still considered something hippies did. I'm no longer a vegetarian for health reasons, but I do purchase free-range meats and eggs. I would buy more things organic, but cost is an issue so I do what I can.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 4:13PM #10
Christianlib

Jan 6, 2011 -- 3:46PM, solfeggio wrote:

...the usual comments by the usual suspects who just don't 'get' what this is all about.

Ho-hum. 

Oh, I "get" what it's all about.  I'm just tired of hearing about it.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 29  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook