Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Top UK Neurologist says "I would not have the swine flu jab because of the GBS risk"
4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 6:49PM #11
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

If You Love Your Kids, Please Do Not Make This Mistake


Posted By Dr. Mercola | September 10 2010         |

 


The Swedish Medical Products Agency has received reports from health  care professionals regarding narcolepsy as suspected adverse drug  reaction following Pandemrix flu vaccination.


The reports concern teenaged children who developed narcolepsy  symptoms one to two months after vaccination against the H1N1 pandemic.  Finland is also looking into the possible link following an increase in  the sleeping disorder among children this spring.


According to The Local:



“In the European Union, around 30 million people were vaccinated  using Pandemrix. Sweden bought 18 million doses, which was enough to  provide two injections for each person in its 9.3 million population.”



The Pandemrix package insert shows that “somnolence”, although not narcolepsy per se, is a known potential side effect of the drug.


(Continues @ Mercola)


 


 


Somnolence: Sleepiness, the state of feeling drowsy, ready to  fall asleep. A person experiencing somnolence is somnolent and is acting  somnolently.


Somnolence, somnolent, and somnolently go back to the Latin "somnus" meaning (please don't yawn) "sleep."


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 8:40PM #12
mountain_man
Posts: 39,667

Sep 21, 2010 -- 6:49PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

The Swedish Medical Products Agency has received reports from health  care professionals regarding narcolepsy as suspected adverse drug  reaction following Pandemrix flu vaccination.



Then it goes on to contradict itself;


The Pandemrix package insert shows that somnolence, although not narcolepsy per se, is a known potential side effect of the drug.....



Gee.... teens get sleepy. Wow!


According to the definitions given, somnolence is not narcolepsy. No connection has been made between any vaccine and narcolepsy.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 9:34PM #13
appy20
Posts: 10,165

Sep 21, 2010 -- 8:40PM, mountain_man wrote:


Sep 21, 2010 -- 6:49PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

The Swedish Medical Products Agency has received reports from health  care professionals regarding narcolepsy as suspected adverse drug  reaction following Pandemrix flu vaccination.



Then it goes on to contradict itself;


The Pandemrix package insert shows that somnolence, although not narcolepsy per se, is a known potential side effect of the drug.....



Gee.... teens get sleepy. Wow!


According to the definitions given, somnolence is not narcolepsy. No connection has been made between any vaccine and narcolepsy.




Somnolence is a symptom of Narcolepsy and a very serious condition in its own right.  It can create major problems in life.  It is a serious condition. It usually caused by brain tumors.  If it is a life long condition, it can be a major disability.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 10:06PM #14
mountain_man
Posts: 39,667

Sep 21, 2010 -- 9:34PM, appy20 wrote:

Somnolence is a symptom of Narcolepsy and a very serious condition in its own right.



Not in the way the term was used here. One of the side effects was sleepyness. Not narcolepsy as someone tried to claim.


It can create major problems in life.  It is a serious condition. It usually caused by brain tumors.  If it is a life long condition, it can be a major disability.



No one here has disputed that. The problem is making the unsupported claim that you can acquire this problem because of a flu vaccine.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 11:05PM #15
Ceren
Posts: 1,430




Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


#1 - The vaccine production was "rushed" and the vaccine has never been tested on humans. Do you like to play guinea pig for Big Pharma? If so, line up for your swine flu vaccine this fall...




Not true. The package itself of the vaccines (i.e. the monographs) has the results of the trials (albeit small, like with all vaccines) that were done. 



In October, GSK release the full data for the trials which of course was made up of human beings.




And this is less of an issue for this year since the results of a big study of 250,000 was published which is bigger than any previous vaccine.  And even now that we have millions upon millions of doses received with a similar profile as any other vaccine.





Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

#2 - Swine flu vaccines contain dangerous adjuvants that cause an inflammatory response in the body. This is why they are suspected of causing autism and other neurological disorders.






Not true.  First of all, not all the vaccines had adjuvants. There were vaccines WITH and WITHOUT adjuvants available. In the US, none of the vaccines had adjuvants. 




Secondly the adjuvants in the vaccines that had them were squalene (which is a natural product that our body produces), and Thimerosal. Review after review after review has disproven any link between autism and thimerosal  but legends (i.e. Obama is a Muslim) are hard to die. You will get more mercury in your blood from eating a tuna sandwich than from the vaccine.



 


 I'm too tired to re-write it but wanted to point something out.....


Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

#7 - Even if the swine flu vaccine actually works, mathematically  speaking if everyone else around you gets the vaccine, you don't need  one! (Because it can't spread through the population you hang with.) So even if you  believe in the vaccine, all you need to do is encourage your friends to  go get vaccinated...



So let me get this straight... this person thinks that the vaccine is dangerous, can "suppress" your immune system, has "dangerous" adjuvants and thinks that you should not get it but that you should encourage your friends to get it?!?!?!? What kind of sick logic is that??? No offense, but I don't think you should listen to any advice this person has to give!



 




Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2010 - 6:56AM #16
Ceren
Posts: 1,430

OK here I go again with sources:


 


Sep 21, 2010 -- 11:05PM, Ceren wrote:





Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


#1 - The vaccine production was "rushed" and the vaccine has never been tested on humans. Do you like to play guinea pig for Big Pharma? If so, line up for your swine flu vaccine this fall...




Not true. The package itself of the vaccines (i.e. the monographs) has the results of the trials (albeit small, like with all vaccines) that were done. 


Product monograph with clinical data (if you want the other brands, just google them):


www.gsk.ca/english/docs-pdf/Arepanrix_PI... 


Baxter's monograph: www.emea.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_l...


In October, GSK release the full data for the trials which of course was made up of human beings.



www.gsk.com/media/pressreleases/2009/200...


The trial, which is taking place in Belgium, involves 130 healthy volunteers aged 18 to 60 years old, and has been designed to evaluate the tolerability and immunogenicity of GSK’s split-virus pandemic (H1N1) adjuvanted vaccine in comparison with an unadjuvanted study formulation.


To date 2,000 people have received GSK’s H1N1 vaccine in clinical trials.....


And this is less of an issue for this year since the results of a big study of 250,000 was published which is bigger than any previous vaccine.  And even now that we have millions upon millions of doses received with a similar profile as any other vaccine.


1) Vaccine. 2010 Sep 15. The adverse event profile after 2009-H1N1 vaccine in VAERS (over 10,000 reports) was consistent with that of seasonal influenza vaccines, although the reporting rate was higher after 2009-H1N1 than seasonal influenza vaccines, this may be, at least in part, a reflection of stimulated reporting.


2) Check wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_...


Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

#2 - Swine flu vaccines contain dangerous adjuvants that cause an inflammatory response in the body. This is why they are suspected of causing autism and other neurological disorders.




Not true.  First of all, not all the vaccines had adjuvants. There were vaccines WITH and WITHOUT adjuvants available. In the US, none of the vaccines had adjuvants. 




Secondly the adjuvants in the vaccines that had them were squalene (which is a natural product that our body produces), and Thimerosal. Review after review after review has disproven any link between autism and thimerosal  but legends (i.e. Obama is a Muslim) are hard to die. You will get more mercury in your blood from eating a tuna sandwich than from the vaccine.


1) Check "squalene" and you'll see that it's part of, among other things, our skin.


2) Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2010 Apr;10(4):639-51.MF59-adjuvanted vaccine (speaks about the safety of squalene)


3) Eur J Intern Med. 2010 Apr;21(2):70-3. Epub 2009 Dec 29.Vaccination, squalene and anti-squalene antibodies: facts or fiction?


2) J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2009 Jul;14(3):166-72.:


CONCLUSIONS: Rigorous scientific studies have not identified links between autism and either thimerosal-containing vaccine or the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine.



  3)J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs. 2009 Feb;22(1):51-3. The rise in autism and the mercury myth.


4) Clin Infect Dis. 2009 Feb 15;48(4):456-61. Vaccines and autism: a tale of shifting hypotheses.


If you want any of the papers, I can send them to you by email. There are LOTS more.


 



 I'm too tired to re-write it but wanted to point something out.....


Sep 21, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

#7 - Even if the swine flu vaccine actually works, mathematically  speaking if everyone else around you gets the vaccine, you don't need  one! (Because it can't spread through the population you hang with.) So even if you  believe in the vaccine, all you need to do is encourage your friends to  go get vaccinated...



So let me get this straight... this person thinks that the vaccine is dangerous, can "suppress" your immune system, has "dangerous" adjuvants and thinks that you should not get it but that you should encourage your friends to get it?!?!?!? What kind of sick logic is that??? No offense, but I don't think you should listen to any advice this person has to give!



 









Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2010 - 10:57AM #17
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

Sep 22, 2010 -- 6:56AM, Ceren wrote:


OK here I go again with sources:


 





 




Credible sources are a big plus.


Wiki is not a credible source. It is a site wherein the information therein, may be be edited at will by anyone. While true Wikipedia does employ "fact checkers", it is nigh on impossible for those staff to check all entries/edits, much less to confirm the sources of any legitimate medical journal or publication.
Thank you.


 


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2010 - 6:40PM #18
Ceren
Posts: 1,430

Sep 22, 2010 -- 10:57AM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


Sep 22, 2010 -- 6:56AM, Ceren wrote:


OK here I go again with sources:


 





 




Credible sources are a big plus.


Wiki is not a credible source. It is a site wherein the information therein, may be be edited at will by anyone. While true Wikipedia does employ "fact checkers", it is nigh on impossible for those staff to check all entries/edits, much less to confirm the sources of any legitimate medical journal or publication.
Thank you.


 




I only quote wikipedia ONCE and the rest is from medical journals or the company's monographs.


And the ONLY reason I quoted wikipedia is because it has the links to the papers that actually work and you can see the abstracts... 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2010 - 10:32PM #19
mountain_man
Posts: 39,667

Sep 21, 2010 -- 11:48PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

am not a scientist. However, when there is enough evidence to date to show that the H1N1 vaccine is a risk,.....



If you're not a scientist, then how do you know? How do you discern fact from fiction? Or do you go by the belief that if whatever claim is made puts the medical profession in a bad light that it must be true?

Moderated by Merope on Sep 29, 2010 - 11:42AM
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 12:13PM #20
Merope
Posts: 10,168

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.


 

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook