4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 11:33AM #61
Bezant

To the title:

Really? No kidding.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2010 - 7:55PM #62
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2011 - 7:09AM #63
Kwinters

Well I've been doing Atkins for about 2 weeks now and I feel great.  Yes, I eat veggies every day, as well as fat and protein.  And you know what?  I feel GREAT!  I have more energy, I wake up naturally much earlier every day, my post nasal drip is GONE, and I am gradually losing weight.  Not only that I have so much energy I'm naturally motivated to get out and walk places just to burn some of it off!

Not every metabolism is the same, and quite frankly I GAINED weight when I was carbo-loading and running up to 20 miles a week.  I was devastated to be limiting my daily calories to 1500, running 4 times a week and still ended up fatter than when I started - and NO it WASN'T 7 lbs of muscle I was putting on.  Muscle doesn't make your belly fat jiggle more.

I will eventually start adding more carbs to my diet in order to find the daily carb intake that allows me to maintain my weight, but the first place to start is low and then build up.

In the meantime, poultry, nice cheese, a bit of cream in my coffee, sucrolose sweeteners, salad and veggies have transformed my life!

I tried Weight Watchers, 1200 a day diets and heavy exercise.  None have had the transformative impact that eliminating bread, pasta and sugars have had!

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 6:06PM #64
rideronthastorm

Sep 10, 2010 -- 12:47PM, appy20 wrote:

Sep 10, 2010 -- 2:12AM, Ceren wrote:

Sep 9, 2010 -- 10:10PM, mountain_man wrote:

[There is one diet that actually works - don't eat so much.

Sep 9, 2010 -- 7:20PM, solfeggio wrote:

I agree with you about burning more calories than you consume!  It doesn't matter which diet you follow, if you are a couch potato you're not going to lose weight.  We humans didn't evolve with these long legs for nothing.  We're meant to use them, preferably by running or walking or swimming, and doing these exercises for at least a half hour or 45 minutes a day if at all possible.

For myself, this means taking long walks, and it does keep the weight off.

I think that is the key. Research has shown that in the end it doesn't matter which diet you follow but that you have to just consume less than you spend if you want to lose weight and/or consume the same as you spend to maintain your weight!

People sometimes don't understand that being fit is really a lifestyle choice that you have to maintain throughout your life. Sadly too many people lose weight on an XYZ diet and then go back to their whole habits and gain it back.

Asthmatics and people with lung issues need lysine and zinc and meat is the single best sources for these nutrients.  I have poor lung function and was asthmatic as a child.  On a vegetarian diet, I stayed sick. I also could not build muscle on it either so I looked flabby even though I was very thin.  My skin was dry.

Just to point out that we're all different...

I'm a vegetarian, I'm asthmatic and I'm a marathon runner. I have very little body fat and lots of nice looking muscles. I definitely do not look flabby. My skin is actually very good and everyone guesses my age at least 10 years younger that I really am, no joke.

Research has shown that plant-based diets are the better choice and one should eat little animal proteins; definitely way less than the average person eats in North America!

Yeah, we fat people are dumb.   I guess just don't understand all those nutrition books I read.  

Oh, get over yourself.  Guess what?  A lifestyle change IS A FREAKING DIET.  Turn the bulb on in your brain.  When you have to eat food you hate in amounts that leave you hungry, it is a diet. Even if it is healthy.   If it is awful, it is a diet.   Healthy lifestyles are awful unless you like the crap you eat.  

A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IS A DIET.  

Appy guess what? Your right a lifestyle change a healthy lifestyle is a diet!Thats why when i speak about the Body For life porgram which is really a combination exercise and foodplan i always just say diet its true. Alot of times when people say lifestyle change they just mean Oh Ill eat a little healthier but then go out and sabatage themselves and dont eat healthy at all like my guyfriend who over eats all the time on all junk and calls it a healthy lifestyle .Also many times people who are skinny and dont need to diet say that out of ignorance just wanting to give advice to us fat people because in todays language the word diet has become a dirty word. The thing of it is a diet is only bad or wrong if you starve yourself or if its so strict or unbearable that you cant live with it and go off it in the end. Thats the whole idea of lfiestyle change the difference is doing it your whole life.Diet Foodplaan lfiestyle change whateva its all the same.

however yoru wrong completely wrong about being ona diet and eating foods you hate. First place I iht a bottom a year and a half ago with my weight.I had to get double hernia surgery that was so painful it cripple me for 2 months 2 years ago and let my apartment get so messed up because I couldnt get anyone out to help me a year ago it was so stiny filty I was living ina  sick situation and the city almost threw me out but didnt I got a break and barely got into another apartment. I HIT A BOTTOM WITH FOOD! I had 2 sister verbally beat me up and embarrssed and humiliated me publically telling me how gross and disgusting I was and shoutign horrible stuff at me taht amde me cry and a docter who shamed me and tried to force me itno signing up for obesity surgery in his office wouldnt let me leave almost till i did even though he wasnt an obesity  docter or the surgery group he shame dme to death and I had several painful situations I cant go into going on. It was a dark existance.

But I found out taht when I pretty mcun did the  1st step of the 12 step of AA admitted I was powerless over food tobecontinued my puters baout to go down ill be back

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 6:30PM #65
rideronthastorm

Feb 25, 2011 -- 6:06PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

I agree with you about burning more calories than you consume!  It doesn't matter which diet you follow, if you are a couch potato you're not going to lose weight.  We humans didn't evolve with these long legs for nothing.  We're meant to use them, preferably by running or walking or swimming, and doing these exercises for at least a half hour or 45 minutes a day if at all possible.

I think that is the key. Research has shown that in the end it doesn't matter which diet you follow but that you have to just consume less than you spend if you want to lose weight and/or consume the same as you spend to maintain your weight!

People sometimes don't understand that being fit is really a lifestyle choice that you have to maintain throughout your life. Sadly too many people lose weight on an XYZ diet and then go back to their whole habits and gain it back.

Asthmatics and people with lung issues need lysine and zinc and meat is the single best sources for these nutrients.  I have poor lung function and was asthmatic as a child.  On a vegetarian diet, I stayed sick. I also could not build muscle on it either so I looked flabby even though I was very thin.  My skin was dry.

I'm a vegetarian, I'm asthmatic and I'm a marathon runner. I have very little body fat and lots of nice looking muscles. I definitely do not look flabby. My skin is actually very good and everyone guesses my age at least 10 years younger that I really am, no joke.

Research has shown that plant-based diets are the better choice and one should eat little animal proteins; definitely way less than the average person eats in North America!

Yeah, we fat people are dumb.   I guess just don't understand all those nutrition books I read.  

Oh, get over yourself.  Guess what?  A lifestyle change IS A FREAKING DIET.  Turn the bulb on in your brain.  When you have to eat food you hate in amounts that leave you hungry, it is a diet. Even if it is healthy.   If it is awful, it is a diet.   Healthy lifestyles are awful unless you like the crap you eat.  

Appy guess what? Your right a lifestyle change a healthy lifestyle is a diet!Thats why when i speak about the Body For life porgram which is really a combination exercise and foodplan i always just say diet its true. Alot of times when people say lifestyle change they just mean Oh Ill eat a little healthier but then go out and sabatage themselves and dont eat healthy at all like my guyfriend who over eats all the time on all junk and calls it a healthy lifestyle .Also many times people who are skinny and dont need to diet say that out of ignorance just wanting to give advice to us fat people because in todays language the word diet has become a dirty word. The thing of it is a diet is only bad or wrong if you starve yourself or if its so strict or unbearable that you cant live with it and go off it in the end. Thats the whole idea of lfiestyle change the difference is doing it your whole life.Diet Foodplaan lfiestyle change whateva its all the same.

however yoru wrong completely wrong about being ona diet and eating foods you hate. First place I iht a bottom a year and a half ago with my weight.I had to get double hernia surgery that was so painful it cripple me for 2 months 2 years ago and let my apartment get so messed up because I couldnt get anyone out to help me a year ago it was so stiny filty I was living ina  sick situation and the city almost threw me out but didnt I got a break and barely got into another apartment. I HIT A BOTTOM WITH FOOD! I had 2 sister verbally beat me up and embarrssed and humiliated me publically telling me how gross and disgusting I was and shoutign horrible stuff at me taht amde me cry and a docter who shamed me and tried to force me itno signing up for obesity surgery in his office wouldnt let me leave almost till i did even though he wasnt an obesity  docter or the surgery group he shame dme to death and I had several painful situations I cant go into going on. It was a dark existance.

But I found out taht when I pretty mcun did the  1st step of the 12 step of AA admitted I was powerless over food tobecontinued my puters baout to go down ill be back

Anyways and i found out I had to let go of food emotionally and mentally and let go of the idea of using food for pleasure and just decided to get rid of the food obsession and I fell out of love with food. you see your relationship with food has to change, i quit thinking about food as an entertainment as a  pleasure device as something I needed to hold onto and binge on all the time to be happy in life. I realized that food is my addiction,its a drug to me especially carbs, I might as well be on crack cocain to be taking carbs.Cokecola I couldnt even eat food unless I had a coke I use to go without food literally then to go without coke sometimes Id like just go without food and drink coke alone with no nutrition or anything ( BTW I have chronic iron deficiancy)and drink life 4 liters in a day mostly I didnt Id just go without any regular nutrition and eat junk and coke all the time and sometimes Id eat sweets and cokes only for a few days.

I started out wanting to get out of my food obsession and started out eating my regular junk but counted calories and ate small sevivngs for a week it worked and I lost 10 lbs. But then i switched to low fat low cal for about 2 months on my own no food plan and lost 35 lbs all together but put 8 lbs back on my own through sabataging myself then decided I needed to get ona specific food plan and get help because I cant do it on my own if you make up your own diet without an outline of specifics you usually foul up.Anyways now Im on the Body for Life Plan and you know what ive found out

What you have wrong is the food issues, idont miss it at all. First place Ive found out sense Ive been losing weight theres more to life to live for then binging on food!there are physical literal physical pleasures in life I can get without food,in some ways Im addicted now but Im addicted to healthy things!WATER Exercise! Ive been working out in the water and found out how easy it was IM IN LOVE WITH THE wATER AnD THE GYM! then I get to go the hot tub afterwards but man working out in the water isnt hard at all and I get such a physical pleasure from it I,love it! FOOD? yea eating whole wheats lowfat grilled protien and black beans, fish chicken low carb yogurt you know what Ive found out? Theres alot of healthy foods that i like! i drink herbal cinnamon teas sweetened with splenda OH YUMMY!!!!!!I get to eat apple sauce which i love and fruits and whole wheat bagels vanilla yogurt yUMMY ! Ive learned to eat stuff I didnt even know I liked! Black beans thought I woudnt like em love em!

Salmon and fish in general learned to love it! I have to drink 80 to 100 ounces of water a day and grant it I dont like vegis but I can tolerate them if theyre raw.IF YOU LEArN TO LET GO OF FOOD YOU FIND THERES A WHOLE OTHER WORLD OUT HERE YOU DIDNT EVEN FREAKING KNOw EXIstED you know how much positive attention Ive gotten and people Ive gotten to meet because they wanted to know about my diet its awesome!

I hope you find what Ive found to be true in dieting one day!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 6:34PM #66
rideronthastorm

Feb 25, 2011 -- 6:30PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Feb 25, 2011 -- 6:06PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Anyways and i found out I had to let go of food emotionally and mentally and let go of the idea of using food for pleasure and just decided to get rid of the food obsession and I fell out of love with food. you see your relationship with food has to change, i quit thinking about food as an entertainment as a  pleasure device as something I needed to hold onto and binge on all the time to be happy in life. I realized that food is my addiction,its a drug to me especially carbs, I might as well be on crack cocain to be taking carbs.Cokecola I couldnt even eat food unless I had a coke I use to go without food literally then to go without coke sometimes Id like just go without food and drink coke alone with no nutrition or anything ( BTW I have chronic iron deficiancy)and drink life 4 liters in a day mostly I didnt Id just go without any regular nutrition and eat junk and coke all the time and sometimes Id eat sweets and cokes only for a few days.

I started out wanting to get out of my food obsession and started out eating my regular junk but counted calories and ate small sevivngs for a week it worked and I lost 10 lbs. But then i switched to low fat low cal for about 2 months on my own no food plan and lost 35 lbs all together but put 8 lbs back on my own through sabataging myself then decided I needed to get ona specific food plan and get help because I cant do it on my own if you make up your own diet without an outline of specifics you usually foul up.Anyways now Im on the Body for Life Plan and you know what ive found out

What you have wrong is the food issues, idont miss it at all. First place Ive found out sense Ive been losing weight theres more to life to live for then binging on food!there are physical literal physical pleasures in life I can get without food,in some ways Im addicted now but Im addicted to healthy things!WATER Exercise! Ive been working out in the water and found out how easy it was IM IN LOVE WITH THE wATER AnD THE GYM! then I get to go the hot tub afterwards but man working out in the water isnt hard at all and I get such a physical pleasure from it I,love it! FOOD? yea eating whole wheats lowfat grilled protien and black beans, fish chicken low carb yogurt you know what Ive found out? Theres alot of healthy foods that i like! i drink herbal cinnamon teas sweetened with splenda OH YUMMY!!!!!!I get to eat apple sauce which i love and fruits and whole wheat bagels vanilla yogurt yUMMY ! Ive learned to eat stuff I didnt even know I liked! Black beans thought I woudnt like em love em!

Salmon and fish in general learned to love it! I have to drink 80 to 100 ounces of water a day and grant it I dont like vegis but I can tolerate them if theyre raw.IF YOU LEArN TO LET GO OF FOOD YOU FIND THERES A WHOLE OTHER WORLD OUT HERE YOU DIDNT EVEN FREAKING KNOw EXIstED you know how much positive attention Ive gotten and people Ive gotten to meet because they wanted to know about my diet its awesome!

I hope you find what Ive found to be true in dieting one day!

I quit my obsession with food too. I mean i use to fantasize about my binges and plan my binges get on the inetrnet and find out where my guyfreind was gonna take me to and find it and study the menus and fantasize about the food i was gonna eat and even plan my binges and obsess on food! Maybe you or noone else here does that planing their binges but all of us overeaters do obsess on food one way or the other the point being to get rid of the obsession and that clears up alot of things quit thinking about food!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I alos forgot to say that Ive lost 64 lbs in a 10 month period so am happy with my weightloss I back slid for 2 months havnt been perfect and I make mistakes yes but am thourougly happy with my diet plan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook