4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 6:13PM #1
Marcion

The fuzzy minds have legislated that there is no connection between immunizations and autism. How about some scientific proof rather than legal mumbo jumbo.

www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/07/p.autism.v...

Of course the all knowing, all seeing put their head in the sand while people are dying from FDA approved drugs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 6:38PM #2
Iwantamotto

Um ... how does the article support your idea?  I'm sorry, but what's clear is that everyone who's had those shots doesn't get autism.  If kids are getting autism without vaccinations (or the ingredients purported to be the problem), that shoots THAT theory out of the water.  I'm with the theory that it's slightly possible that there are kids with rare genetic issues that make them more sensitive to certain chemical cocktails.  We should further genetic identification and analysis before we start taking things off the market that save lives.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 6:51PM #3
mountain_man

Sep 7, 2010 -- 6:13PM, Marcion wrote:

The fuzzy minds have legislated that there is no connection between immunizations and autism. How about some scientific proof rather than legal mumbo jumbo.

There never was any scientific proof linking the two. Lots of wild claims, but no scientific proof. It was all made up by a couple of British lawyers that paid some "doctors" to publish what they BELIEVED was a link. As ou can see, The Lancet has since retracted that article. All the claims you see about a connection stem from that article.

So, in other words; there is not now, and most likely never will be, a connection between autism and vaccinations. If you believe there is, then present the evidence. Now, that evidence must be scientific in nature, not more claims, no a maybe, not a what if, not anything about a conspiracy, but just plain facts.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 6:53PM #4
teilhard

Hey ... Over-the-Counter Good-Old "Aspirin" can KILL you ...

www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/07/p.autism.v...

Of course the all knowing, all seeing put their head in the sand while people are dying from FDA approved drugs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 4:29AM #5
CharikIeia

As a basic course in philosophy of science could teach you, it is not possible to offer "scientific proof" for the absence of a connection. Failure despite repeated effort to find evidence for the presence of that something must suffice. And as mountainman pointed out, such is the case - so, the legislators are free to legislate, scientifically speaking there's no reason for them not to.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 1:13AM #6
Beliefnet_community

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 9:07AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I took an autistic friend hiking over a mountain. Innocent He was extremely unfit, despite being a lawyer. He told me that his legal training included no exercise whatever!

Hiking companion

Whereas my geology degrees had frequent fieldwork. Innocent

Mount Taylor summit

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook