Switch to Forum Live View He'll Be Seeing Patients Again in a Few Months
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 7:28PM #1
solfeggio

Surgeons in Louisville, Kentucky have just finished a double hand transplant on an Oklahoma chiropractor:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38854498/ns/health-...

www.kentucky.com/2010/08/26/1408511/okla...

The man had been severely burned, and the surgeons used donor hands in the transplant.

The operation took about eighteen hours.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 10:07PM #2
Erey

creepy, donor hands.  that sounds like Frankenstein.  I did read a book by John Irving the fourth hand about a man who had a hand transplant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 12:21PM #3
Weepingangelofthetrees

He's certainly blessed in how far transplant surgery has evolved in all these years.I wonder if he has enlisted counseling so as to help him deal with the trauma suffered, and the fact that every time he looks down he see's a dead strangers hands at work. 

I remember reading some years ago about a young man who had an organ transplant. It was a report regarding whether or not it's possible that the personality of the donor carries on with their organs. As in a part of them remains present. This boy said he'd never liked pig skin chips and could not stand the taste of beer, before the transplant. But afterward he'd have cravings when he'd walk into a store and see those products on the shelves, so realizing what it might be he bought them one day and loved it.

Later, he found out the family's name of his donor, because they had contacted the surgeon and asked to meet the recipients of their son's organs. The meeting was arranged and turns out the donors family told this boy, when he asked about the skins and beer, that those two things were the most favorite snack combo their son/brother, enjoyed.

Can you imagine the potential with this Chiropractor?

Hmmm, I have this sudden urge to feel up strippers! What the hell?!

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 11:09PM #4
Stardove

Enter the realm of death and what some might call weird and wacky. 

I believe due to my training as a Spiritualist medium when we died, except in sudden death like an accident, the body has three seed atoms which leave the physical body at different times.   Fist to leave is the emotional seed atom.  If you have sat with a person dying of cancer, which I have on several occasions their emotions change as death nears.  The family members are confused by this change in their loved one.

The next seed atom to leave is the mental seed atom.  The last seed atom to leave the body is the heart seed atom.  Some believe this can happened immediately; some believe the heart seed atom can take up to three days after physical death.  I believe in the case of heart transplants the heart seed atom does not get a chance to leave the physical heart, so that is why after a heart transplant the recipient does have different "tastes" so to speak.  A spiritual part of the donor remains with the heart organ.

I do not believe this happens with other donated organs, just the heart.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 9:20PM #5
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 7:26PM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I don't see a lot of compassion here! Surprised

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook