Switch to Forum Live View A few thoughts about women who think they need to lose weight...
4 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2010 - 11:40AM #1
David

I love a woman with a few extra pounds..as the saying goes...love meat with my potatoes..skinny ladies never did it for me..I am Italian..love the curves..Wink 

anyone else care to add a thought or two on this?

have a great day!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 9:37AM #2
Faintly

Nothing wrong with that.  Better to know one's own tastes than to take a bite and spit it out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 9:41AM #3
David

Jun 24, 2010 -- 9:37AM, Faintly wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.  Better to know one's own tastes than to take a bite and spit it out.

you bet, Faintly..and beauty is in the eye of the beholder!Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 9:48AM #4
Faintly

True, known a lot of drop-dead gorgeous people who don't have much in the way of compassion, empathy, understanding, tolerance, or love.  Wonder why it is that some of the people who got the least love growing up turned out to be the most loving.  (Of course, some of them could be serial killers too, but that doesn't help my point.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 9:57AM #5
David

Jun 24, 2010 -- 9:48AM, Faintly wrote:

True, known a lot of drop-dead gorgeous people who don't have much in the way of compassion, empathy, understanding, tolerance, or love.  Wonder why it is that some of the people who got the least love growing up turned out to be the most loving.  (Of course, some of them could be serial killers too, but that doesn't help my point.)

you hit the nail on the head, Faintly..looks may attract me but it's what is underneath that keeps my interest..and intelligence, compassion, empathy, understanding is, to me, what makes a woman attractive, sexy and compelling.Laughing  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 10:02AM #6
Faintly

I'd have to say what makes anyone attractive, sexy, and compelling, is their natural personality and intellect....and how they balance this with their natural attributes, their spirituality, and their very human flaws. Yep, that's what does it for me. 

People who make it very clear that they are happy with themselves, with or without, my constant presence.  That allows me the freedom to be the same, I don't feel obligated, I don't have to think about them 24/7 - I can enjoy them when they're available and feeling sociable, and I can recluse and be a hermit when I want and not hurt anyone's feelings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 10:09AM #7
David

Jun 24, 2010 -- 10:02AM, Faintly wrote:

I'd have to say what makes anyone attractive, sexy, and compelling, is their natural personality and intellect....and how they balance this with their natural attributes, their spirituality, and their very human flaws. Yep, that's what does it for me. 

People who make it very clear that they are happy with themselves, with or without, my constant presence.  That allows me the freedom to be the same, I don't feel obligated, I don't have to think about them 24/7 - I can enjoy them when they're available and feeling sociable, and I can recluse and be a hermit when I want and not hurt anyone's feelings.

bingo...very, very well put!Wink 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jan 30, 2013 - 11:48PM #8
Estacia

It is the media and socitety that puts image issues in ones head.

I have an a "funny looking noise" But as a child I looked as my nose a nose not a "witch" nose or a funny nose.

Society/media cause us to question our self worth.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook