Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View 12 Steps for Atheists
1 year ago  ::  Mar 22, 2013 - 12:46PM #31
Stardove

Mar 22, 2013 -- 11:29AM, DZalokar wrote:

Hi! I had totally forgotten about this thread I startd waaaaaaaay back!

New developement on this front! In my city (Toronto) a number of 'atheist/agnostic AA groups' have started up here. In a story too long to tell, our local intergroup ended up de-listing these groups from their published meeting list and on their website.

What is funny is the whole atheists in AA movement here has taken off. More of these groups started up and are thriving. I was wondering if this is happening in some of your areas

DZalokar,

Interesting.  How does the groups handle the Higher Power and God mentioned in the 12 Steps?  Or do the groups not use the 12 Steps?

Note: The forum has no host, but as a Community Wide Moderator I check in on it when I do the rounds.  Star

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 22, 2013 - 1:03PM #32
DZalokar

Stardove

The groups use a 'reimagined' version of the steps.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 23, 2013 - 6:49PM #33
Seefan

Mar 22, 2013 -- 11:29AM, DZalokar wrote:

Hi! I had totally forgotten about this thread I startd waaaaaaaay back!

New developement on this front! In my city (Toronto) a number of 'atheist/agnostic AA groups' have started up here. In a story too long to tell, our local intergroup ended up de-listing these groups from their published meeting list and on their website.

What is funny is the whole atheists in AA movement here has taken off. More of these groups started up and are thriving. I was wondering if this is happening in some of your areas. 

I'm from NS and there is one Atheist group formed that I know of.  They asked to use the AA newsletter and website for advertizing purposes but AA in our area also declined saying that it was for AA groups only ...

PS:  It is not that they are atheist but it was because they changed the steps and traditions to suit their agenda so it wasn't AA ... Undecided

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 26, 2013 - 12:24PM #34
Stardove

Mar 22, 2013 -- 1:03PM, DZalokar wrote:

Stardove

The groups use a 'reimagined' version of the steps.

DZalokar,

Perhaps you would like to join in the discussions at Addiction & Recovery forum, since this forum is set up for AA and 12 Step topics.

Addiction & Recovery is for all kinds of recovery, not just alcoholism which can be included as a topic.  Included are methods used for those who seek to recover from what ever the addiction or health issues may be.  Star

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  Sep 15, 2013 - 3:19PM #35
Stardove

Moved from the Alcoholism Forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook