Switch to Forum Live View Overcoming the past the present and the future.
5 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 11:52AM #1
Sam-e

The past is something you think is your foundation. The present is something you think will last. The future is something you want to com. Overcoming all these is a trial. First you have to let go. Then you have to see. Then you have to hold.

Emotiona can swell with all these thoughts. So you have to look elsewhere. Constantly seeing the things around you. Walls, computers, doors, buses. Busyness. The world is bussling. Vibrancy with life and rythm. So don't think about what happens. Just think about what you do. You are a ligh to many people. They need you for many things. What you see. Care, peace, happiness, evil, craziness. It all adds together. So use your light. Show the people what you see. The eye is the light to the soul.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 2:33PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Sam-e:

have to let go. Then you have to see. Then you have to
You seem compelled!
«Should statements - Patterns of thought which imply the way things "should" or "ought to be" rather than the actual situation the patient is faced with, or having rigid rules which the patient believes will "always apply" no matter what the circumstances are. Albert Ellis termed this "Musturbation".»
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distorti...

Do something different. Laughing

Hobbyists loading a model battleship

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 3:57PM #3
Harold

Great thread! Yes all of the things mentioned have helped me. 

I would add to that-- when I directly watch my worst feelings (the worst anxiety or whatever the worst feeling is), if I do so from a neutral, or accepting point of view, the bad feelings will actually dissolve and pass more quickly.

Of if they do stay, they will lose their 'overwhelming' quality and just become a background color.

Either way, I get free of my anxiety problems that way. 

This has also helped me with other overwhelming feelings. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 3:58PM #4
Harold

P.S. This requires a sustained, mediTative watching. Utilizing gentle persistence to continually refocus/ develop a sustained focus.  

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook