Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How I lost weight without starving
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2010 - 10:27AM #1
Ageo

I was once over 350 lbs.  I am now about 180 lbs.  My body is about 6'3" tall.

I reduced refined sugars over time.  When I desired ice cream, I turned to fruit instead.  When I wanted some juice, I turned to fruit instead.  Over time the fruit began to taste as sweet as ice cream, and candy.  My body began to feel very different within 2 weeks.

I never went hungry.  I ate as much fruit and vegetables as I wanted.  My energy levels increased.  The amount I sleep has decreased from this, and some other factors.

I have come to realize that the body is working for us when it makes us obese.  The foods we consume can be like poisons that mislead the body.  The body and mind work for us, as best they can.  Thus, I blame no obese person for what they experience.  I felt shame when I was overweight.  I felt judgement from those around me.  Few sought to help me learn another way.

There is also a scientific understanding of why the diet works.  A video is available on youtube, and from the University of California.  The title is: Sugar: The Bitter Truth.  The presentation was done by Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF.

Non-commercial Video Links:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=1...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2010 - 11:48AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Your BMI is 22.5 (normal weight).
nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I recently read a leaflet in a health cafe. It denounced sugar, specifically fructose.

Yesterday I cycled 16 km and shot a pistol match. Last week I burned 1525 Calories by cycling and walking.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 5:51PM #3
Anesis

Ageo, I hope you are eating more than just fruits and vegetables. I have adopted a new lifestyle too - I eat 6 times a day, and have protein at each...but I only eat one other food category with it - fruit/vegetable or starch. I totally avoid white flour and refined sugar. Well, no, that is not totally true...I have had a very rare treat now and then, like every couple of months, but I have stopped craving things that are not good for me.

Congratulations on your weight loss! It was a tough road, but one worth travelling, I'm sure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 8:29PM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Anesis:

avoid white flour and refined sugar
Good idea.

I find exercise essential to weight management. Last Sunday I went mountain biking. Tongue out

Speed/distance graph

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 11, 2010 - 9:02AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Last week I did a cycle commute and three hikes! Innocent

GPS receiver summary

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 10:01AM #6
Ageo

Apr 26, 2010 -- 5:51PM, Anesis wrote:

Ageo, I hope you are eating more than just fruits and vegetables. I have adopted a new lifestyle too - I eat 6 times a day, and have protein at each...but I only eat one other food category with it - fruit/vegetable or starch. I totally avoid white flour and refined sugar. Well, no, that is not totally true...I have had a very rare treat now and then, like every couple of months, but I have stopped craving things that are not good for me.

Congratulations on your weight loss! It was a tough road, but one worth travelling, I'm sure.

I'm content with fruits and vegetables, with perhaps some occasional crackers.  I feel sick after eating meat now, and I feel some sorrow knowing what the chickens, and cows go through at the moment.

That said, my health continues to improve.  Thank you for the consideration.  I shared some pictures of my arms in my photo gallery.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 6:30PM #7
Anesis

I have to ask, Ageo, what you are using for protein? Do you use powder? Nuts? Cheese? Eggs? I'm just thinking you must have some sort of protein.....Personally, I will have an ounce or two of meat every couple of days.....but mostly eat nuts, cheese and eggs. Just don't forget it...it is a very important part of your diet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 19, 2010 - 2:54AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Last week I burned 4,459 Calories by cycling and hiking! Innocent

GPS receiver summary

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 9:28AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I lost nearly a kilo last month. Innocent But my doctor wants me to exercise three days per week!

GPS receiver summary

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2010 - 3:26PM #10
Vegasinclair

Wow! You lost almost half your weight. I do agree that it's good to cut out most sugary foods and drinks. I stopped drinking soft drinks and energy drinks and drink water mostly as well as green tea and the morning coffee. I also eat a lot of protein and just enough carbs to give me the energy to workout. I try to avoid eating too much carbs. -Vega SInclair, High  Deductible Health Insurance Advisor

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook