Switch to Forum Live View The sun will come out tomorrow
5 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2010 - 4:48PM #1
appy20

Another genetic breakthrough.  Genetics pretty much puts some people squarely on the path to some cancers.  Many times people are stuck just waiting for the ball to drop.   This is why it is exciting when genetic breakthroughs occur. In this story, robots actually go into tumors and turn off the genes that make them grow thus forcing the tumor to die--the tumor and not the surrounding tissue or organs.  

www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62K1BK201...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2010 - 2:59PM #2
Susan4168

This is fascinating! Thank you for posting this!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2010 - 5:36PM #3
appy20

It seems to me that right now there is a domino effect in cancer research.  There seems to be a lot of things happening at once.  The knowledge of the diseases is expanding at rate never seen before.  In the past, there was so much not known and learning those baby steps took more time and effort than many people had. I feel like that is not as true.  I do think more people who are hopeless today, if they hold on a little longer, will make it.  I think the impossible to cure cancers are going to be curable in the near future.  There are so many things that are already understood. Now, it is just a matter of applying that knowledge.   

That is why I donate to cancer research every chance I get.  Now, the money counts more than ever.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2010 - 8:33AM #4
Susan4168

Yes! You are so right! And Thank you from all who are affected by Cancer, for your donations and dedications to reviving hope! Much more knowledge is known and Drs. are applying and testing new drugs all the time. I live near Hershey Medical Center/Cancer Institute. I am in remission with Acute Meyloid Leukemia/2 years. My Dr. told me that in a total of 5 years I should be completely CURED of Cancer. It also helps to eat an Anti-Cancer Diet.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook