Switch to Forum Live View Prayer for surgery to get rid of precancer cells
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2009 - 9:29AM #1
Sarah_dyer

Two months ago, I had a mammogram done and they found precancerous cells in my left breast. I had a biospy done to clarify that the area was indeed precancerous.  I had surgery last month and the surgeon removed an area that was the size of a golf ball (that showed up very small on the mammogram).  Needless to say, I have to go back for a 2nd surgery to get out the rest of the precancer cells.  If this is not successful, I will have to go back for a masectomy.  I had Ewing Sarcoma bone cancer when I was 10 years old and had to take chemo and radiation.   I  have been cancer free for 28 years.  I am now 37 years old.  I also had open heart surgery when I was 14 months old.  The miracle in this is that I will not have to take chemo, but I may have to take radiation if I do not have a masectomy.  I ask everyone to pray that the 2nd surgery is successful.  I saw what my mother went through with the masectomy and pray that I don't have to go through what she had to.  God held my hand the 1st two times of my sicknesses and I know He will be there to hold my hand for this.  I ask everyone to pray for me and I will add you in my prayers as well.

God bless-

sarah

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2009 - 10:26PM #2
nevillenosher

All the best for you Sarah.  Prayers are said and hope the surgery is a complete success.

Take care,

Malcolm

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 4:59AM #3
shocharah

My prayers are with you, Sarah. I hope the second surgery gets the rest of the bothersome pieces, and you do not have to go through a mastectomy. I am sending white light your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 6:54AM #4
Sarah_dyer

Thanks to those who read my prayer request and responded.  I had my surgery yesterday and will get the pathology report back Wednesday.  This will determine whether or not I need a masectomy.  I also have a cousin who recently found out she has calcium deposits in one of her breasts.  She won't know what's going on until Monday.  Please keep Barbara me in your prayers. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2009 - 10:17PM #5
Artcures

I created a 4 minute movie that I watched every day to help my mind think about healing. I've now added my website address and artwork at the end. I hope you enjoy it. Herbert

gallery.me.com/artcures/100064

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 10:05AM #6
Sarah_dyer

I thought I would update the latest on my progress.  I have had the 2nd surgery.  Everything was precancer except a small spot that's turned out to be cancerous.  I will be having a masectomy soon.   I ask for everyone to keep me in your prayers.  Also, I have a cousin who has to go to Baptist Hospital in Nashville tomorrow for the same problem.  She has calcifications in one of her breasts.  I pray that they don't find cancer in her like they did me.  My mom recently told me that the bone mass is high in her bones.  She has been taking hormone replacement medicine ever since she had her masectomy and there is a chance she has bone cancer.  Please pray for her that the test results will turn out right. 

I am accepting a little each day that I have cancer.  But my mom and cousin are on my mind constantly.  I just pray that they will be fine.  I have been cancer free for 28 years and feel truly blessed that God allowed it to stay away for so long. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 11:18PM #7
nevillenosher

Sarah,

I don't get by her that often but you remain in my prayers.  Prayers are said as well for your Mom and cousin.  May healing and health be there for all of you.

Blessings,

Malcolm

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook