Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Plastic Surgery. Have you? Would you?
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2009 - 12:47PM #11
Erey

I would, but there is a good chance I probably wont.

1. I hate surgery

2. I hate being a patient

The fact is I have horrible bunnions.  Every shoe purchase involves consideration of my bunnions.  If I haven't been motivated to get foot surgery then when will I ever get motivated to do plastic surgery?

I sort of think when I turn 45 I might consider plastic surgery but the fact is, bunnions first!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 11:08AM #12
Svetlana

I'd have corrective surgery, as necessary after an accident or illness but not cosmetic surgery.  If you don't like the way I look, to heck with you if you can't take a joke,and who's asking you to look at me anyway?  I have always been plain and have no problem with it.  The people who matter to me don't mind in the least, so why should I?

I am acquainted with a number of people who have spent large fortunes on cosmetic surgery, but the changes were so subtle that they are almost completely unnoticable.  Those people feel much better, however, so I never point out that they look the same.  If it makes you feel better and you can afford it, go for it.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 1:36PM #13
IreneAdler

Hmm. Maybe if plastic surgery could make me taller, I'd spring for the operation.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2010 - 12:01PM #14
Brownowl33

I have, and I would again (despite having botched surgery the first time that I had to have corrected.)  Nothing too major, but I definitely plan on having my neck tightened and my eyes done when I start to age.  Would also consider injectables and some laser resurfacing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2010 - 12:24AM #15
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Last night I watched a Doctor Who episode, featuring Lady Cassandra O'Brien.Δ17.

«According to Cassandra, her parents were the last to be buried "in its soil". She had been born a male on Earth and lived on the edge of the "Los Angeles Crevasse". Married several times, her life had been extended through a series of 708 plastic surgery operations, until she was nothing but a piece of skin stretched onto a frame, with eyes and a mouth, connected to a brain in a designer jar filled with a preserving solution below. The skin had to be constantly moisturised to keep it from drying out.»

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_(Whoniverse)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 3:09PM #16
DotNotInOz

Oct 27, 2009 -- 2:04PM, Xxchristin022xx wrote:

I am 24 years old and I have had plastic surgery.  My brother broke my nose and I had a pretty bad bump on my nose.  I hated it growing up and was very subconscious about it.  I had sinus infections all the time.... 

I do not regret having the surgery, a matter of fact just the opposite.

I certainly would call this corrective rather than cosmetic even though removing the bump on your nose would probably be considered cosmetic by a lot of people.

Frequent sinus infections are no joke, so I bet there was damage done to the underlying bone structure when your nose was broken.

Something like this I would definitely get fixed and would regard it as a necessity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 4:34PM #17
appy20

Oct 30, 2009 -- 1:36PM, IreneAdler wrote:

Hmm. Maybe if plastic surgery could make me taller, I'd spring for the operation.

Irene.

They do have a procedure for that but it is horribly, horribly painful.  For me, death would be better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2010 - 10:22AM #18
David

nope..I have a face only a Mother could love and am proud of it..it has character and extinction....er..distinction...

ahem...Wink 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2010 - 12:15PM #19
Opie744jr

Hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, why not? If you feel better waking up to that face, and it makes you truly happy, then more power to ya!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2010 - 4:54AM #20
Glowingidols

No I can not afford such luxury, many scars I have I just live with it I am what I am if it displease him why bother an marry but I know that isnt what displeases him its the religion I chose an waited 3 months to tell him as hes scares me anyway when he cusses to much:(

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook