Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View HELP!!! I need a miracle; if only I knew how...
5 years ago  ::  May 14, 2009 - 11:55AM #11
carekee2

Stay away from sugars and  White starches.  Eat a good breakfast: Bran cereals w/ sugar substitute , one banana cut up in it. Wheat bread Toast with light butter, and a hard boiled egg and a small glass of orange juice. Have a sat time to eat each meal.   Walk for about 15 minutes.  10:00 a.m.  eat a small apple and drink water, lots of water.  For lunch, tuna sandwich on wheat bread, or broiled skinless chicken breast with  mix vegetables (use the frozen vegetables) and a few pretzels or chips.  sugar free drink (sodas or tea).If you like cottage cheese you can have that also with your lunch.  After lunch walk about 15 minutes.

at 3:00 have another small apple to eat with lots of water.  Supper have tuna or any other broiled  fish of chicken with your mixed vegetables salad with low fat and sugar dressing, and a slice of wheat bread and drink.  walk another 15 minutes.  Take a long hot bath and relax.  And before bed time you can have a snack an apple or a bowl of bran cereal w/ sugar substitute.

important to walk and drink lots of water and eat the fruit.  I lost on this.

Haven't given it to anyone,  so I don't know if it will have an affect on others,  but I know I lost on it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 14, 2009 - 11:57AM #12
carekee2

use sugar-free or less sugar dressing

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 22, 2009 - 4:09PM #13
Kateema

Making a life change in a month is really tough, I found a new book called, The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change (and Loving Your Life More) By Ariane De Bonvoisin. I recommend the audio book, very uplifting.

I have maintained my weight for 30 years and I can honestly say that one thing to eliminate from your life is "a relatonship with food". Food is not an emotional entity it is fuel, plain and simple. I raised my kids with the saying, if you work like a field hand you eat like one, other wise watch how much you eat. Stay away from empty calories, like sodas etc., but also watch the supposedly "diet" drinks, the fake sugar responds the exact same in your body unless you are diabetic and you will gain weight like crazy on Diet Coke!

Exercise, do something you love without thinking about it as exercise, if you walk go walk some place you love, a park, the mall, museum(s), a track, whatever floats your boat. Or take up dance, that is one of the best forms of exercise, I have taught belly dance for years and highly recommend it to women for a truely mental/physical thing to do for yourself. I took it up because I hate the gym, just not my thing. However, I also recently took up Bikram's Hot Yoga...at first thought no way but then found it extremely addictive to sweat like that and be able to hold the positions, one of those internal competitive things, or sense of accomplishment, The one thing I caution about any type of exercise is every day is different and your body is functioning differently every day whether physically or mentally, so give yourself some credit for doing "something".

Also, I would recommend get a physical make sure you are healthy and all systems are on go as far as thyroid, adrenals and physical aptitude. I also am a promponent of no matter if there is a limitation there is an exercise that can make a difference even if it is batting your eyelashes...whatever it takes! MOVE!

Good luck in your efforts to change your life, not diet!

Kateema

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 6:24AM #14
Pure_in _soul

Thank you very much to EVERYONE! I'm honestly grateful for all your responses

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 10:52AM #15
Kateema

Let us know how you do, and if you need a boost or more research. Based upon the responses there are several people with ideas and experiences to share to help. I look forward to your post of new health and a brand new you in how you feel and you can share and teach us as well on what worked for you! Every day is a new one and there are always changes in how we take care of our bodies!

Have a Great Day!

kateema

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2009 - 8:04AM #16
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Pure_in _soul:

grateful for all your responses

So what did you do?

Today I cycled 21 km and got a blood cholesterol test.

Last Saturday I bushwalked 9 km along a river track and back through pine forest.

GPS receiver map

Today 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 4:59AM #17
Dgonzo

What everyone else replied was great. But I never really subscribed to certain diets or strict regimes. That may work for some, but whenever I become overly concerned with what ingredients I'm consuming, I tend to fall off the wagon. I was able to lose 63 pounds, and keep it off for over two years by mainly exercising.

Of course, I had to also adopt healthier eating habits, but I never deprived myself of what I wanted. I just made conscious decision that working out was a part of my life forever. Fad diets only work for so long, then the weight comes back again. Go figure, but your body does need carbs and sugars and fats. Just moderate the amount you intake. And don't have unrealistic goals, you just set yourself up to fail. Start small and build on it.

Good Luck 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2009 - 2:38AM #18
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Dgonzo:

"exercising"
Today I cycled 11 km and participated in a bike maintenance course.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2009 - 9:08AM #19
2believe

Develop a good life style and stick with it.  Diets only shock your body and once you stop them, you put the weight back on.  Read the labels on the things you buy at the grocery store.  Stay away from those things that are loaded with sugar, corn syrup or about 20 other names for sugar.  Sugar converts to fat in your body.  Don't snack between meals.  Never drink colas or soft drinks.  Cut back on dairy and wheat products.  Learn how to cleanz your body.  I recommend a book called, "Tissue Cleanzing Thru Bowel Management" by Bernard Jensen.  You may be able to find it from a good health food store.  Do the cleanzing it teaches.  Keep your bowels moving at least 2 times per day.  The rule of thumb for the amount of water to drink is one-half your body weight in ounces.  Find out what nutrients your are deficient in and build them up.  When your body is nutritionally balanced, you won't feel hungry all the time and won't eat as much.  If you have to snack, try celery and carrots.  Find a form of exerecise that you enjoy, and do it regularly.  Excercise is more important than diet.  And, most importantly, ~ develop a strong relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  He is coming soon!  Time is short, and there is no other way to go to heaven.  Read the Bible and pray daily and you will find peace.  Don't fret over things.  In light of eternity, they are temporary, light afflictions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 6:22AM #20
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I'm eating homemade vegetable soup.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook