6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 11:45PM #1
frankieestep

Haven't heard from very many folks lately.  How is everyone doing??  I know there were those who were dealing with treatments, how are they going?  How about those who have had recent tests, how did things go? 

Come on, folks, talk to us!!!  Let us know how you are doing!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 12:06AM #2
Tracey102167

I am doing pretty good.  I went to the onoccologist a couple weeks ago.  I had one retuxin treatment that lasted about 4 hours.  I don't go back for 3 months, unless I need to.  At that point they will do blood testing.  If the labs are ok, I won't have another retuxin then.  But at the end of 6 months, I will have a series of 4 treatments.  One a week for a month. 

The doctor said, I will have this series of 4 treatments, every six months.

I am feeling pretty good.  I get tired very easy, but that is about all.

I hope others are doing well.

I will keep you posted.

Tracey

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 5:41PM #3
itty

I am back on line after a forced hiatus. It was a combination of a pussy cat, water and my computer. Won't be doing that again.

I am doing well. My new treatment is working at this point and I had a good MRI.

Can we get a roll call? I think it would be a good thing to see who is still here.

itty sits down, puts on her reading glasses, gets a notebook, picks up a pen in her paws and waits.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 6:24PM #4
Tracey102167

Hi itty, So glad you are back.  I have been worried about you and your treatments.  So glad to know things are going fine.  I am doing pretty well. I don't have to go in to the onocoligist for another month.  He will do bloodwork then.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Tracey

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2009 - 5:03PM #5
itty

Oh how I hated the blood work, Tracey. After getting the power port it is a breeze. I just hate being poked.

I will hope for a good outcome. I don't care what the witch doctors are cooking up when it's time for something to happen I get a wee bit nervous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 20, 2010 - 10:42PM #6
indep

I just want you to know that I survived breast  cancer - and you can too!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 22, 2010 - 9:17AM #7
Tracey102167

Hi,  I am still here.  I still am having a series of Chemo, every 6 months.  My next 8 sessions start in Aug.  I am not looking forward to it.

I have been dealing with a lot of depression lately.  Crying a lot, and seem to be unable to get any housework done.  The trash keeps piling up around me, and I try not to notice.

My life has been about loss.  First of all I lost a daughter, (4 days), next a son at 19, and just recently a granddaughter at 16.  There are days I don't want to go on, then the next day, I seem to be fighting to live.

My husband is fighting his own battle with bladder cancer.  I try to support him in this, but it is so hard.

I keep thinking, I am a very good person.  I have always helped everyone, and now that I need someone to lean on, no one is around, and I have to deal with this all alone....  it dosen't seem fair....but who said life is fair.

Sorry everyone for my "poor me" attitude, I guess it is just one of these days we all encounter.  So good to have a place to vent, with people that "have been there, done that".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2010 - 12:37PM #8
nevillenosher

Thanks for stopping by with words of encouragement Indep!  8-)

Sorry things are difficult just now Tracey.  You and your husband have my prayers for better times ahead.

Take care,

Malcolm

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook