Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Vegetarian Thanksgiving
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 8:31PM #21
Nightwriterx
Hi Seapearl. That sounds like something that would go over really well with my family. I've seen the Quorn brand in Whole Foods, but never noticed a roll ... I'll keep an eye out for it next time. Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2009 - 8:48AM #22
Dhyanyogilove

If you are just vegetarian and not vegan, I STRONGLY recommend Quorn's Turk'y Roasts.  They are SO DAMN GOOD, as are all of their products!

www.quorn.us/cmpage.aspx?pageid=471

If you are vegan, than the "Good Ole Tofurkey" is pretty darn good too.  I had that at some friends this Thanksgiving.

www.tofurky.com/tofurkyproducts/holiday_...

I would recommend staying away from Now and Zen's "UnTurkey".  I had that my first Thanksgiving as a vegetarian on the "recommendation" of a friend and it was NOT very good.  It didn't taste too bad, but the texture was SO wrong.  Chewy and rubbery.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 11:22PM #23
JoyceB53

I can vouch for the Quorn.  It really is very good, and I recommend it highly, especially the "chicken" kind.

Lentils are one of my favorite meals, either as a stew with carrots, onions, and potatoes, with garlic, thyme, and a little tarragon, or just plain lentils in a bowl with quite a bit of margarine...or butter...or vegan margarine if you're vegan...some caramelized onions, and either mashed or baked potatoes.  Love it.

Cooking the Thanksgiving dinner isn't an issue for me:  I have to work, and I live alone.  Problem solved, lol.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2011 - 2:04PM #24
Anderson
Nick Carangi said it the best, "avoid tofu, soy is a joy but health it can destroy!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook