Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Diabetes: 286 is Scary!!
7 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 9:37AM #21
conrad
The last three readings on my BS were 114, 122, 115.  Pretty good; however, I lost my testing kit while on a retreat.   I have ordered another one, but have no idea how I am doing today.

Conrad
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 7:20PM #22
RebaLina
Hi Conrad!
It sounds like you are doing great! You're making a lot of really healthy changes and have been for 10 years. I don't know if you're doctor ever told you, but Type II diabetes gets harder and harder to control the longer you have it. It's not all about will power. Rather, the pancreas just starts puttering out. That's why everybody with DMII ends up on insulin, if they live long enough. So keep doing what you are doing, but if it turns out that they need to adjust your medication, then don't take it as a sign of failure. It's the disease!
Reba
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 10:34AM #23
DotNotInOz
I agree with RebaLina, Conrad. Sounds to me as though you're doing significantly better at eating as you know you must.

I don't know how it is for diabetics, but I know that when I strictly avoid foods to which I'm intolerant, I feel soooooo much better. However, I have to be almost slavishly consistent with my diet to feel good most of the time.

You're welcome to borrow my motto (credit to Carol Fenster, author of gluten-free cookbooks): "Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels." Most of the time (admittedly), that works well for me since, as you mentioned, I also know from experience that I CAN maintain my diet strictly and that I feel substantially better when I do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 10:34AM #24
DotNotInOz
I agree with RebaLina, Conrad. Sounds to me as though you're doing significantly better at eating as you know you must.

I don't know how it is for diabetics, but I know that when I strictly avoid foods to which I'm intolerant, I feel soooooo much better. However, I have to be almost slavishly consistent with my diet to feel good most of the time.

You're welcome to borrow my motto (credit to Carol Fenster, author of gluten-free cookbooks): "Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels." Most of the time (admittedly), that works well for me since, as you mentioned, I also know from experience that I CAN maintain my diet strictly and that I feel substantially better when I do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 04, 2008 - 3:45AM #25
spudette
Shihulud: in response to your post # 18, before you try to correct Karma, you might try to get to know him. When you do, you'll find out that he gives the best help he is able to give, and that's all you can ask from anyone.

Conrad: are your blood sugar levels fasting or non- fasting? My doctor gave me ranges for both. Also, losing weight will help bring your sugar levels down. And God WILL help you, but you have to do your part. Remember: "Phil 4:13-14
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 9:37AM #26
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I too expect to be hounded by the quack at :rolleyes: our next consultation! At least while away touring, I watched a movie promoting vegetarianism. {Sigh}
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 09, 2008 - 1:33AM #27
spudette
Karma, vegeterianism isn't so bad if you have a good cookbook, and understand some principles of vegetarian nutrition. Do you do your own cooking?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 09, 2008 - 2:16AM #28
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day spudette:

[QUOTE]a good cookbook[/QUOTE]I have some.

[QUOTE]understand some principles of vegetarian nutrition.[/QUOTE]I have a book on that, too.

[QUOTE]Do you do your own cooking?[/QUOTE]Not enough!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 11:34AM #29
MarleneEmmett5

I just got a diagnosis of Diabetes, my number is 400.
Know that I have to change my lifestyle/diet.
And I also get off of my butt and MOVE!!!

I'm scared,I'm not  going to lie to you.
I want to change my eating habits but husband wants to eat like he doesn't have it.
HE DOES!! Now we both do!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook