Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Just diagnosed with Uterine Cancer
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 7:24AM #1
Momto8greatkids
When you get the word from the doctor, (mine was over the phone, but was not MY doctor!!!) that you have cancer, you are such in a world of shock.  I found myself not going on the internet to research it, God lead me here instead.  I saw My doctor today, had a cervical bipsy, and a blood test to determine if the cancer is ouside of my uterus.  I have a grade 1 cancer but do not know the stage yet.  My surgery is sceduled for April 23rd unless those test come back tommorrow of concern, then my surgery is ASAP.  I would love to connect with those of you who can give me ANY info on books, ideas on what I maybe facing and guidance as I travel this road.  I am a mom to 8 kids, 5 still in elementary school, and 3 adult kids that are awesome and supportive.  We adopted the 5 little ones.  I found God having a sense of humor giving cancer to a mom of 8, and 5 of them off track from school for a month....I will try to see the humor in all of this someday...but I do know that God is with me, I feel really at peace about all of it, just need to search for connections to help get through it...

Thanks.....Barbara
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 6:41PM #2
FossilizedOncologyNurse
Mom,

You came to a great place here. Lots of healing thoughts and prayers going your way. I am a retired oncology nurse and counselor who specialized in working with people like yourself. I've seen "that look" of shock, and the fact that you were told over the phone by someone other than your doctor does not surprise me.

I'm not clear from your post if you have endometrial cancer, or cervical cancer. Either way, you should have excellent results from your treatment. The rate of permanent remission from both diseases is very high, especially if caught early.

Sometimes I used to tell the clients I worked with that they would get on information overload when what they needed most in the early days is to just let yourself process what is happening to you.

I still try to spread words of support, and was encouraged to start a blog by some of my former clients and other people with cancer who have come to know me. It makes it easier for me to communicate.

The link is:

http://fossilizedoncologynurse.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to bookmark it, and join in the discussions of the articles I'm starting to post as I work through some of the more pressing issues people faced during those 32 years I worked.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time, but the most important thing for you to know is that this is often a very treatable disease with excellent outcomes.

God Bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 11:27AM #3
Momto8greatkids
Went to your blog....Awesome support.  Thanks so much for letting me know that things will go ok.  Waiting for the test results that will come back today to see if it is possibly outside the uterus in other areas.  So far it is endometrial cancer grade 1, no stage identified yet.....The kids and I decided to make a healing garden outside for me, looking forward to getting my hands in the dirt for some reason....Will let you know more after I get the next results....Thanks Robyn.........
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 12:01PM #4
FossilizedOncologyNurse
Mom,

Thanks for checking out the blog. I hope to continue gathering members to support each other, as people and their families make it through the challenge of cancer.

Grade I endometrial cancer is EXTREMELY treatable with a very high rate of success, especially if the cancer is confined to the uterus.

Please let us know when you find out the stage of the disease. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 7:20PM #5
nevillenosher
Barbara,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children during this time.  I think the garden is a wonderful way to connect spritually with our source.  Hope all goes well with your prognosis and treatments.

All the best,
Malcolm
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2008 - 1:08AM #6
frankieestep
Barbara,  You and your family will be in my prayers.  May our Lord give you comfort and peace during this very trying time.  And may He bless you abundantly for giving yourself to those precious children who need love so badly.  Lessons aren't always for the one with cancer, sometimes the lessons are for those around us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2008 - 12:13PM #7
lasb23
Mom of eight

I also was diagnosed with Endometrial cancer back in 2005.  I had a radical hysterectomy and was cancer free
for 2 years.  The cancer returned (stage 4) in October 2007 with spreading to my liver.  I am still currently battlling this and pray for you and your children during this difficult time.  One thing I know for sure is PRAYER works.   
My friends and family have made a big difference in my life.  Keep all your friends and family around you and they will give you strength, and don't stop praying.  Lori
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 1:57AM #8
ittybittyone
[QUOTE=lasb23;718746]Mom of eight

I also was diagnosed with Endometrial cancer back in 2005.  I had a radical hysterectomy and was cancer free
for 2 years.  The cancer returned (stage 4) in October 2007 with spreading to my liver.  I am still currently battlling this and pray for you and your children during this difficult time.  One thing I know for sure is PRAYER works.   
My friends and family have made a big difference in my life.  Keep all your friends and family around you and they will give you strength, and don't stop praying.  Lori[/QUOTE]

Lab23 you will be in my prayers. Prayer and support are what keeps us going and gives us hope.

itty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2008 - 1:16AM #9
timber
Hay there u beat me by 2 children. lol mine r all adults. Well my 2 youngst r 17 now. Then I jump up to 22. A alsome Book I strongly sajust is Crazy Sexy Cancer by Kriss Carr. U can go on line & find the book, her docamenterie. My spelling sucks sarry.  There u will find miricals, hope, nolige, u will laugh, u will cry.
     My best sajustion is don't panic. Oh thats a BIG HA aint it! I know. Take a couple of weeks b-4 u go having sergerie. The docs out there R full of dums day reports.If u don't do just what they say & now u'll die. So they all say. Go on line look at u'r options. U do have some. In fact u have many.
     How would I know? I have stage 4 adnoid cystic cancer. In my jaw, under my toung, god only knows were alse. Hurts like hell! I was told I must get the entire left side of my face taken off. There was a 75% chance I wouldn't pull though the operation. I chose not to have it. They gave me 18 months. That was 3 years ago. Now like I said don't panic. Don't go for that "oh ur hit now" prognosies. This will be that hardest battel u'v ever had. I wount lie. Still, take a look around, u have options. Get another opioin, get a 3rd. The Cancer insttudes of America R grate places to go for treatment. I will get u the # a.s.a. I can.
     Most of all Know this if nothing alse, U'R NOT ALONE. We're in this togethor...k
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2008 - 12:32PM #10
itty

timber wrote:

Hay there u beat me by 2 children. lol mine r all adults. Well my 2 youngst r 17 now. Then I jump up to 22. A alsome Book I strongly sajust is Crazy Sexy Cancer by Kriss Carr. U can go on line & find the book, her docamenterie. My spelling sucks sarry. There u will find miricals, hope, nolige, u will laugh, u will cry.
My best sajustion is don't panic. Oh thats a BIG HA aint it! I know. Take a couple of weeks b-4 u go having sergerie. The docs out there R full of dums day reports.If u don't do just what they say & now u'll die. So they all say. Go on line look at u'r options. U do have some. In fact u have many.
How would I know? I have stage 4 adnoid cystic cancer. In my jaw, under my toung, god only knows were alse. Hurts like hell! I was told I must get the entire left side of my face taken off. There was a 75% chance I wouldn't pull though the operation. I chose not to have it. They gave me 18 months. That was 3 years ago. Now like I said don't panic. Don't go for that "oh ur hit now" prognosies. This will be that hardest battel u'v ever had. I wount lie. Still, take a look around, u have options. Get another opioin, get a 3rd. The Cancer insttudes of America R grate places to go for treatment. I will get u the # a.s.a. I can.
Most of all Know this if nothing alse, U'R NOT ALONE. We're in this togethor...k

You are so right, Timber. We are NOT alone. We all have options. We need to not get paniced into making one that may not be right for us. When the day ends we are the ones that make our decisions and live with them. No one else can drive the ship. You are also right that there are many resources out here that we can find. I usually tell people to start with the American Cancer Society at http://www.cancer.org

They have so many things to help us get through this.

Take care,.
itty

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook