Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 5:31PM #1
sydneymoon
http://www.cnn.com/video/?iref=videoglobal
This is a link to Cnn. click on the video titled "Outrage over Bimbo game."

This is very sad and sorry "game" where one picks a bimbo and cares and feeds her....diet pills if she needs to shed weight, surgery if neeed for lifts....etc.

Yes, just a game
Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 8:01AM #2
Shihulud
Some people are just sick. I hate seeing women being treated like objects. And I can't say it is just men because a lot of women perpetuate this sort of shallow thinking by being bimbos.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 8:33AM #3
sydneymoon
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/ … ideosearch
The above is a more direct link.

What ever happened to just eating a healthy diet and exercise?

Just because one can produce a stupid product that people will buy doesn't mean one should.
Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 9:59AM #4
melandisa123
This bimbo website will only promote harm not only to women but also to the young girls who suffer from low self esteem and even those who may simply be curious. How can that  website be banned? I hear that it's already got >200, 000 (I saw it in on our local news) and that it originated in France.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 10:56AM #5
Gandalf_Parker
Does it? It seems to make fun of the girls who do that. Would any girl who is considering those things want to see herself as doing it in order to be a bimbo?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 3:15PM #6
melandisa123
I hear the website offers suggestions as diet pills, plastic surgery, etc. Young girls who are trying to find "themselves" , who are uncomfortable about what they look like, may become easy prey to these offers. It is really disheartening how the public encourages "thin" or "perfect body" images that are really unhealthy and unrealistic. There was a young lady, an 18 yo high school varsity cheerleader who died this past weekend getting plastic surgery.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 11:37PM #7
sydneymoon
From the website:

Peer pressure
Users are set targets:
Level 7
After you broke up with your boyfriend you went on an eating binge! Now it's time to diet ... Your target weight is less than 132 lbs
Level 9
Have a nip-and-tuck operation for a brand new face. You've found work as a plus-size model. To gain those vivacious curves, you need to weigh more than 154 lbs
Level 10
Summertime is coming up and bikini weather is upon us. You want to turn heads on the beach don't you?
Level 11
Bigger is better! Have a breast operation
Level 17
There is a billionaire on vacation ... You must catch his eye and his love! Good luck
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2008 - 7:29AM #8
DotNotInOz
Just repeat to yourself, "It's only a really dumb game...It's only a really dumb game...etc." and relax.

There are far more significant abuses in the world than this to protest, IMO.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2008 - 7:38AM #9
sydneymoon
Of course there are more insidious problems. i don't think ignoring it makes for a solution.
Our perception of correct body image is so out of whack we ignore what i healthy and sound living is all about.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2008 - 3:34PM #10
DotNotInOz
From a cursory examination of the gamesite, it appears to me that it could be making a point about how stupid it is for women to think that they must look any certain way in order to be attractive. Consider that the word "bimbo" means both a physically attractive person of either gender who is stupid or a female slut. [Merriam-Webster online dictionary]

I noticed as well that the game level descriptions that you cited, Sydneymoon, include deliberately gaining weight in order to retain a new job as a plus-size model.

So, isn't it possible that the site is ridiculing the often truly dumb reasons why people seek to modify their appearance? "Wow! I can make lots more money as a plus-size model. And I'd even get to eat whatever I want and as much as I want. I'm gonna do that! Oh, but oopsie! It's almost summer, and I'll look sooooo bad in a bikini. Gee, I'm terribly confused."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook