Switch to Forum Live View Yoga and Chronic Pain
7 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 11:46AM #1
Beliefnetsabee
If you suffer from chronic pain this article may be of help to you.
Yoga for Chronic Pain feature, http://www.beliefnet.com/gallery/yogach … =HOMELEAD1
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2009 - 11:30PM #2
Reiki_trek

it is depend up on the thinking in mind how chronic or normal pain

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2009 - 11:40AM #3
Intotheblue

Thank you for that link, very interesting. I recently visited some family who live in another part of the country. It was the first time I'd seen them in years. One of them is a newly certified yoga instructor. She, like me, has scoliosis. I went to a couple of her classes while I was visiting, and noticed something I had noticed when I took yoga for a short time a few years ago also - that certain poses really seem to strengthen and stretch my back. My cousin explained that I should focus on stretching the side where the curve is (because the nerves get all bunched up on that side) and strengthening the other side (so the muscles can be strong enough to pull the spine back toward its proper place). Afterward I told her which ones I found most helpful, and she let me take pictures of her doing those poses so I could do them when I got home (I have a very bad memory and would've forgotten them by the time I got back, hehehe). She currently has a prenatal class, and is working on a class specifically for people with back pain. Awesome. :)

Namaste.

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

"It is not our differences that divide us, but our inability to accept and celebrate those differences."
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook