Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Former fatty now disgusted by fat folks
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 12:19PM #131
Shihulud
[QUOTE=Xena4Christ;1039956]Good for you you, Glenda!    Don't give up.

I also went past the 200 mark back in the 90's when I had children.   I finally got it down to 130, but now it's back to 140.     (I'm mad at myself).

My next door neighbor was grieving one day.  She said to  me, "I just want to give up!!!"    I said,  NO!  Don't you ever say that.     

If there was a ceiling on our weight...say, my body wanted to get at 160 and stop, I'd say, fine.    That's what it wants.   But the truth is, there is no ceiling.      If you don't try, you can go up and up and up.  You can be like those folks on tv who can't get out of their beds, out of their doorways...  how horrible! 

So, knowing all that, please don't ever give up.  The body is crafty.  It's on to you and catches on quickly.  You have to keep it guessing.  As for me, starting Monday  I am going to  restrict my carbs to 20  (because the body burns carbs first and then fats second, so if there's no carbs, it must burn fats first).     I  havn't done that in awhile, so it may work again.  The last time I did it, I lost 18 pounds in 3 months, but then it leveled off.   

Don't ever give up.     Obesity is not an option![/QUOTE]

Low carb diets don't work. You will just gain the weight back. Excess carbs don't get turned into fat, it gets stored as glycogen in the body. Excess calories turn into fat, so you best bet is to restrict portion sizes or eat low calorie foods.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 10:26PM #132
Shihulud
Wow, we agree on something. How strange.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 10:26PM #133
Shihulud
Wow, we agree on something. How strange.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 12:01PM #134
One_World

Barði wrote:

So i was at a keg party last weekend...
And no, I was not high or even drunk.  I filled up on meat like a n00b.

Oh man, we called those meat parties. I had a few too many meats once at a party and now can't drive with unopened meat in my car. Long story ;)

I'm 6'1" and currently weigh about 210 lbs. I'd love to get down to a level where I feel better about myself. When I say that to people, they tell me that I'm not fat and that I don't have to lose weight. I then start to wonder if it's a body image thing, but I know it isn't. Just a case of NOT eating fast food 10-15 times per week, I bet! Although being very overweight is a major hurdle I can't imagine, being just slightly overweight is extremely tough on its own because you get funny looks when you say you're watching what you eat. As if the slightly overweight crowd doesn't deserve to lose weight.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars ~ Oscar Wilde
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 6:27PM #135
clockmath
I ate no sweets for 2 years.  I lost 84 lbs on the plan I was on.  But had to go on prednisone, high dose.  Gained all the weight back and then some.  I now can not talk myself into trying to loose it all again.  It was not easy!!!  I still craved sweets,  especially chocolate!! 

If you found it easy, I am very happy for you. But I would pray for those who have a hard time with weight and not all overweight people sit at buffets or fast food places and gorge themselves.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 12:04AM #136
Shihulud

clockmath wrote:

I ate no sweets for 2 years.  I lost 84 lbs on the plan I was on.  But had to go on prednisone, high dose.  Gained all the weight back and then some.  I now can not talk myself into trying to loose it all again.  It was not easy!!!  I still craved sweets,  especially chocolate!! 

If you found it easy, I am very happy for you. But I would pray for those who have a hard time with weight and not all overweight people sit at buffets or fast food places and gorge themselves.

You are right. Prednisone will make a person gain weight even if they are eating less and exercising. It's one of the drawbacks of that treatment, and one of the reasons it should not be taken without weighing all the options.
I gained some weight because I developed hypothyroidism. When you have an underactive thyroid you need to cut your calories down to half of what you normally would eat just to maintain your weight. For me that would be under 700 calories a day! So, I put on a few. Now that my thyoid is getting regulated with medication it is a lot harder to take off than it was to put on! Not everyone gains weight from eating like a hog and not exercising.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 1:29PM #137
appy20
The very first time I went over my BMI it was while taking Prednisone. I am not convinced that my metabolism was ever the same after that.  Nor my appetite.  I have never been as thin as I was before the Prednisone and it takes ten times the effort to be 20 lbs heavier than I was when I was put on it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook