Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What am I missing God???
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 10:41AM #1
Angeliz8385
Hi. I am Sheri. 44F I live in southern In. For bascially over 5 yrs I have suffered from Depression/anxiety. But in 2003 my son (who was 20) was killed in a motorcycle crash. Thats when my life became a down hill spiral. I was a christian at that time and I have to say that the ONLY way I made it thru it, was JESUS. SInce then in 2006 my mom died unexpectedly. In 2006 I was remarried to a wonderful man. Everything I prayed for after years of abuse in other relationships. Then came all the trials of Deep depression and health issues. My husband is wonderul. We have a great realtionship. We have just bought a beautiful home and I have to want for nothing. I am blessed. BUT the enemy is attacking me physcially and mentally like never before. My depression is such a rollercoaster. I delveloped PTSD and have been therapy since april 2007. I cant seem to stay mentally stable enough to hold a job, therefore I ahvent worked since July of 2007. In July of 07 I had gallbladder surgery. In OCt 07 was faced with possbile bladder cancer, (It wasnt). In March of 08 Had breast tumor removed. In May had colonoscopy because of severe stomach trouble...found Gastritis and a cyst on my right ovary. In June/July diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis in my hands. In 2001  I had atrial FIb, PVCs, Tachycarida. But in the last 2 yrs all these other things have came at me. Im currently waiting on test results of blood work and a pelvic ultrasound to check to see why Im having pain, weakness, severe back pain, ect. Im praying for Good Reports! But I just dont understand what I am doing or not doing that is keeping me from my healing and happiness????????  I live for Jesus and follow to do His will. I tithe and I do basically everything under His will for an answer.??? I feel so lost as to what to do anymore......
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 10:41AM #2
Angeliz8385
Hi. I am Sheri. 44F I live in southern In. For bascially over 5 yrs I have suffered from Depression/anxiety. But in 2003 my son (who was 20) was killed in a motorcycle crash. Thats when my life became a down hill spiral. I was a christian at that time and I have to say that the ONLY way I made it thru it, was JESUS. SInce then in 2006 my mom died unexpectedly. In 2006 I was remarried to a wonderful man. Everything I prayed for after years of abuse in other relationships. Then came all the trials of Deep depression and health issues. My husband is wonderul. We have a great realtionship. We have just bought a beautiful home and I have to want for nothing. I am blessed. BUT the enemy is attacking me physcially and mentally like never before. My depression is such a rollercoaster. I delveloped PTSD and have been therapy since april 2007. I cant seem to stay mentally stable enough to hold a job, therefore I ahvent worked since July of 2007. In July of 07 I had gallbladder surgery. In OCt 07 was faced with possbile bladder cancer, (It wasnt). In March of 08 Had breast tumor removed. In May had colonoscopy because of severe stomach trouble...found Gastritis and a cyst on my right ovary. In June/July diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis in my hands. In 2001  I had atrial FIb, PVCs, Tachycarida. But in the last 2 yrs all these other things have came at me. Im currently waiting on test results of blood work and a pelvic ultrasound to check to see why Im having pain, weakness, severe back pain, ect. Im praying for Good Reports! But I just dont understand what I am doing or not doing that is keeping me from my healing and happiness????????  I live for Jesus and follow to do His will. I tithe and I do basically everything under His will for an answer.??? I feel so lost as to what to do anymore......
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 12:48PM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Angeliz8385:

[QUOTE]44F[/QUOTE]Bra size?

[QUOTE]I live in southern In.[/QUOTE]I'm in ACT.

[QUOTE]I have suffered from Depression/anxiety.[/QUOTE]Stress.

[QUOTE]Deep depression[/QUOTE]What was your treatment?

[QUOTE]home and I have to want for nothing.[/QUOTE]Describe your healthy lifestyle.

[QUOTE]the enemy is attacking me physcially and mentally[/QUOTE]Are you inactive or bored?

[QUOTE]I delveloped PTSD and have been therapy[/QUOTE]What works?

[QUOTE]I cant seem to stay mentally stable enough to hold a job[/QUOTE]I am so disabled.

[QUOTE]FIb, PVCs[/QUOTE]I do not understand this jargon!

[QUOTE]what I am doing or not doing that is keeping me from my healing and happiness?[/QUOTE]Describe your diet, exercise and meditation.

[QUOTE]I live for Jesus and follow to do His will. I tithe and I do basically everything under His will[/QUOTE]Scrupulosity?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 8:50PM #4
Godgirl
You might want to get an HIV test too. Just a thought. and other STD tests as well.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 9:18PM #5
Chiyo

Angeliz8385 wrote:

Im praying for Good Reports! But I just dont understand what I am doing or not doing that is keeping me from my healing and happiness???????? I live for Jesus and follow to do His will. I tithe and I do basically everything under His will for an answer.??? I feel so lost as to what to do anymore......

It was the sentence that I'd highlighted in red that really caught my eye... I'd be willing to bet that half of the the problem is this idea you seem to have of God being a Vending machine. You put in your tithes and "live for Jesus and follow to do his will", and he is supposed to give you "Good Reports!" And if he doesn't, for some reason you believe you are being punished. At least this is how I'm reading your post... These unrealistic expectations are bound to bring you disappointment and heart-ache. God, if he exists, is not a vending machine - nor can he be bargained with, controlled or manipulated.

The fact is, whether God or exists or not, life is not always fair. Innocent children die of cancer, good and loving wives die at the hands of their abusive husbands and innocent civilians are bombed out of existence every single day in wars that they never wanted and pray, every day, will end... We can only do our best to be good people, to relieve what suffering we can and after that - release all expectations and desire to control reality. Recognize reality for what it is, accept it for what it is.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]God grant you the serenity
to accept the things you cannot change;
courage to change the things you can;
and wisdom to know the difference. [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 9:42AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Chiyo:

expectations are bound to bring you disappointment

So demanding is inherently cursed!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 10:07AM #7
Chiyo

Karma_Yeshe_Dorje wrote:

G'day Chiyo:

So demanding is inherently cursed!

Good to see you, Karma Yeshe Dorje! :D

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 8:25AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Hi Chiyo:

I have been struggling with business matters despite my disability. I think I need to recruit more helpers. I'll see a financial consultant on Monday.

I am achieving things in my social life. I've organised for a Greens politician to hand out awards at a gun club next week! But I find all that exhausting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 7:43PM #9
Cris17
Hi. I had been praying for happiness for long time. Right now, I am depressed because one of

friends who doesn't have the time to talk to me. Because she is too busy with everything. I had

felt a big void in this friendship.  I'm pretty upset with her and let her know how I feel about this.

I had been there for her thru her seperation and divorce and I get nothing in return. She is 

married again in short time after her divorce. Since that day, she hasn't keep in touch with me. 

Only have little time just to say "hi"....that's it. I find this hard to believe someone who would do

this to me. Whatever she did in her life, it was her choice not mine. But not having the time to 

talk with your friend is full of balony.  I find this hard to believe that anyone who doesn't have 

the time.  All my friends are married and I'm not. As you can see, I get no calls, no emails or

texts.  I feel left out or being as a outsider. I dont like this at all. What should I do?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 7:58PM #10
dsfin

What worked for me was volunteer work. I deliver Meals on Wheels and find God blessing my life in ways I would never have thought about.

I recommend a book 'Happiness is a Serious Problem" by Dennis Prager

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook