Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View What am I missing God???
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2010 - 2:22PM #21
Loveisgod3

Hi Sherri! 

Im so so so sorry to hear about all the awful things in your life. You're such a strong person to have put up with them and survived them! I look up to you. 

But you asked what you were doing wrong. I personally don't think that you're doing ANYTHING wrong! You try to please God and have a strong relationship to Him. 

I would suggest that you look at the teaching of Miki Nakayama, founder of Tenrikyo. I am not a follower of her religion, but many of its teachings and beliefs I have found truly inspiring. Perhaps alleviating some of your depression by being joyful and thankful and selflessly-charitable will remove some physical obstacles. 

Then again, you may already do all these things. No matter what happens I think it's important to remember that God subjects us all to bad things in life for a good, wise reason, not as punishment. He may want to test us and make us more firm (like Job) or our adversity may be benefitting other people (like Jonah, or more significantly Jesus). 

These are just some of the things your post made me think about. Feel free to ignore them or pick and choose or whatever. God Loves You! And I hope your life continues to get better and better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2010 - 3:32PM #22
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Oh, there you are!

What a holy person you have referred us to!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2010 - 9:30PM #23
Loveisgod3

I agree! She is one of the greatest teachers in my life. Her path is direct, simple, non-theological, and extremely powerful. I constantly am able to apply the teaching of Hinoshikin and A-Thing-Borrowed in my everyday life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2010 - 7:25AM #24
Karma_yeshe_dorje
There are indeed plenty of ways to put meaning into life. I just played chess for two days in a tournament.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2010 - 11:47PM #25
Loveisgod3

I agree. and ooh i've done that before! how did it go?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2010 - 5:30AM #26
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Hi Loveisgod3:

I won three points in the 6 round tournament. That's my best ever in a weekender!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 11:45AM #27
Sam-e

How can you miss God when he is every where?

Did you call him and not answer your phone?

He's in you. Make a reservation

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 2:20PM #28
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Sam-e:

What is your interest in mental health? Undecided Do you have any hobbies?

Model ship rudder test

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook