Switch to Forum Live View Rider's weight loss
7 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 5:47PM #1
rideronthastorm
Yep, I just started a week and a half ago, low card plud Vegan-meaning I only eat fish for meat, I started out eating alot of beef but found it made me sick made my stomach cramp, before I got on my diet I ate alot of carbs and very little meat so I suppose my system isnt use to it, so i quit eating the meat. Got weighed in at TOPS lst night, Ive lost 11 pounds, went from 344 pounds to 333. Im still drinking juice and eating whole grains for carbs, so I ahvnt goten rid of all my carbs but lowered them gratelym got rid of the cokes junk food and white carbs all at once and that on top of my vegan diet its lowered my calories alot and Im losing alot of weight hope to stay with it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 7:13PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
rideronthastorm:

[QUOTE]pounds to 333[/QUOTE]What is your height (without shoes). Calculate your body mass index (BMI), and report it here. This Sunday morning, mine is stable at 28.6 (overweight).
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2008 - 8:37PM #3
rideronthastorm
Yea I went to the docter today. I weighed in at 335 which is good, Ive maintained a 15 pound weight loss. I didnt do it with good means though, Ive been starving myself some, because when Ive quit smoking several times and gotten smokers cough afterward and bronchitis I just starved myself somewhat and then overate some after I got through starving because I couldnt eat much being sick, i also have a toothe ache problem,sometimes have a problem eating with it also, so i go without because I want to at times, so i guess Ive been swinging up and down the scales probably.

This is not good, but at leaste I do have the 15 pound maintained weight loss. Iw ant to make another goal for myself to get down to 325 after I get well from my infection I have now. Hopfully I can, I plan to start out with exercise and getting rid of the cokes and junk food.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 9:35PM #4
rideronthastorm
Well i havnt smoked today or drink any cokes or eaten any sweets maybe I can keep this up.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 9:35PM #5
rideronthastorm
Well i havnt smoked today or drink any cokes or eaten any sweets maybe I can keep this up.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 4:04AM #6
DotNotInOz
I'd suggest eating fruit rather than drinking juice, Rider. Fruit juice contains tons of sugar. Plus, you get fiber from fruit which is definitely good since most Americans don't get anywhere near enough for digestive health.

What I've found works well for me when I want a sweetened drink is to pour about an inch of fruit juice into a glass and fill it with water. That's enough juice to flavor the water well, doesn't give me a lot of sugar and encourages me to drink more water.

If you like the fizziness of sodas, buy plain sparkling water and mix that with a bit of fruit juice. Much better for you than any kind of soda, all of which contain either way too much sugar or nasty chemicals your body will do much better without.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 4:07AM #7
DotNotInOz

rideronthastorm wrote:

No "maybe" about it. Yes, you CAN! Look at how much you've lost so far and keep going.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 9:49AM #8
Shihulud
Good for you for being healthier. Though vegans techincally don't eat fish. You would be a pesco-vegetarian--which is someone who eats no meat except fish. It's good that you are keeping your doctor involved too. Way to go!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook