Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do I forget it?
6 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 8:33PM #1
Imlivin4Jesus
Hi! Does anyone know how to.... or at least some suggestions to help forget something? I did something a while back.... and it wasn't anything bad... just more like embarrassing. It's almost something like a disastrous interview, hehehe. And it's been 2 months and I can't get it out of my head! Everything makes me remember it... and for a while I might forget, but then something will remind me again. I'm trying soooo hard to convince myself it wasn't a big deal and that I should forget it, and that it's the past and I just won't ever do it again. But, it's super hard... and I can't seem to succeed for now. It makes me feel stupid everytime. I know time will help... butttt I can't stand thinking about it any longer. Any suggestions?

I know it's hard to suggest stuff for something like that and that it's probably really hard for someone to help me, since it's more like a personal thing... but I just thought I'd try asking anyway.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 12:57AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Your writings on this site clearly indicate neuroticism!
Please therefore visit the Spirituality & Mental Health forum.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 1:11AM #3
Imlivin4Jesus
ummm, I'm sorry. Can you delete it, please?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 8:33PM #4
Imlivin4Jesus
Hi! Does anyone know how to.... or at least some suggestions to help forget something? I did something a while back.... and it wasn't anything bad... just more like embarrassing. It's almost something like a disastrous interview, hehehe. And it's been 2 months and I can't get it out of my head! Everything makes me remember it... and for a while I might forget, but then something will remind me again. I'm trying soooo hard to convince myself it wasn't a big deal and that I should forget it, and that it's the past and I just won't ever do it again. But, it's super hard... and I can't seem to succeed for now. It makes me feel stupid everytime. I know time will help... butttt I can't stand thinking about it any longer. Any suggestions?

I know it's hard to suggest stuff for something like that and that it's probably really hard for someone to help me, since it's more like a personal thing... but I just thought I'd try asking anyway.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 12:57AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Your writings on this site clearly indicate neuroticism!
Please therefore visit the Spirituality & Mental Health forum.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 1:11AM #6
Imlivin4Jesus
ummm, I'm sorry. Can you delete it, please?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 6:55AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Imlivin4Jesus:

[QUOTE]I'm sorry. Can you delete it[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]self-consciousness can be a problem at times. It is often associated with shyness and embarrassment, and can affect self-esteem.[/QUOTE]~Wikipedia~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 8:44AM #8
Whisperingal
ImLiving--Hi.

That's a very good question-how to forget something.

alave you heard of the technique called "replacement thoughts"?

Basiclaly what you do is--when the unwanted thought comes into your mind acknowledge it is there and then replace it with a more pleasant thought you have come up with ahead of time--

--a good experience--a special event--a time when you felt especially happy.

You're not "tricking "yourself--you're just retraining a small part of your brain.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Sending good thoughts for you.
WGal

btw--whether any particular person is "neurotic" or not has nothing to do with having and/or replacing an unwanted thought with a different kind of thought entirely.

We can control our thoughts--it just takes a little concsious practice to do so.

We can even change our emotions by replacing a "sad" thought with a happier or more fulfilling one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 6:55AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Whisperingal:

[QUOTE]"neurotic" or not has nothing to do with having and/or replacing an unwanted thought[/QUOTE]

Physical exercise is effective against anxiety and depression.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 6:55AM #10
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Whisperingal:

[QUOTE]"neurotic" or not has nothing to do with having and/or replacing an unwanted thought[/QUOTE]

Physical exercise is effective against anxiety and depression.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook