Switch to Forum Live View Movie "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 3:52PM #1
Motherhealer13
A wonderful writer of many books that I love named Mitch Albom(Sports writer) 'For One More Day!" wil be showing on Sunday December 9th, I'm not sure the channel(maybe Hallmark?)He also wrote a fantastic book names "Tuesdays w/Morrie" and "The Five People you meet in Heaven".

The movie "For one more Day" is about his destructive behavior, and some really cool things that happen, when he gives up on his wonderful life(he doesn't see it that way)

Please watch....I don't know Mitch Albom, I'm not affiliated w/any of this....but I'm an avid reader, and I want more of his Spirutual and insightful writing on TV.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 10:17AM #2
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Motherhealer13;118060]A wonderful writer of many books that I love named Mitch Albom(Sports writer) 'For One More Day!" wil be showing on Sunday December 9th, I'm not sure the channel(maybe Hallmark?)He also wrote a fantastic book names "Tuesdays w/Morrie" and "The Five People you meet in Heaven".

The movie "For one more Day" is about his destructive behavior, and some really cool things that happen, when he gives up on his wonderful life(he doesn't see it that way)

Please watch....I don't know Mitch Albom, I'm not affiliated w/any of this....but I'm an avid reader, and I want more of his Spirutual and insightful writing on TV.[/QUOTE]
Motherhealer13:
The film that you're talking about "Oprah Presents: For One More Day" is going to be shown on
Sunday,12/9 @ 9:00PM on ABC TV, check local times/channels.
The name of the show brings up a question~ "If you had just one more day with someone close to you,
who would that be~Who would you either want to see or talk to?
Many people may/maynot find that hard to answer.
If I had *one more day with someone~ it would be my parents. And I would ask them why they made me
abort my child when I was eighteen~instead of giving him up like my birth mother did me.?*
The other person I would love to have one more day with~ My mom's dad. He was my "hero."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 10:34AM #3
Motherhealer13
Hi,

I would spend it w/my Grandma Irene.

Why?  B/c I've always loved to hear the stories of old days, old times, the way things were. 

I'm comforted by the time frame of the 50's, and am comforted also by the Music of that time.

Grandma could tell me stories of the Great Depression, how come she used Lard on bread?  How did  she ever afford to buy Real Butter whenever we came over?  It was always my favorite. 

You know how, just that one little thing makes you happy as a child?  I miss her and I didn't really even know her!  I was 9yo, and loved to hear her speak.  Problem was Dad told his mom we didn't need to be burdened w/her lectures....which is what he thought they were.  He never knew how much I wanted to hear her speak, but he was embarassed.

So, mine would be w/Grandma Irene.  Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 12:54PM #4
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Motherhealer13;119986]Hi,

I would spend it w/my Grandma Irene.

Why?  B/c I've always loved to hear the stories of old days, old times, the way things were. 

I'm comforted by the time frame of the 50's, and am comforted also by the Music of that time.

Grandma could tell me stories of the Great Depression, how come she used Lard on bread?  How did  she ever afford to buy Real Butter whenever we came over?  It was always my favorite. 

You know how, just that one little thing makes you happy as a child?  I miss her and I didn't really even know her!  I was 9yo, and loved to hear her speak.  Problem was Dad told his mom we didn't need to be burdened w/her lectures....which is what he thought they were.  He never knew how much I wanted to hear her speak, but he was embarassed.

So, mine would be w/Grandma Irene.  Tams[/QUOTE]
Motherhealer13:
I said I would love to spend time with my mother's dad~ He had 5daughters & 3 sons. Now from those children
he had 20 grandchildren~ and then there was me. I was adopted when I was a baby.
I was grandpa's favourite.
When I was a child he suffered from cataracts in both eyes which required him to have surgery~ now
cataract surgery in the late 1950's/early 1960's was a whole different story then it is today.
The recovery time was way different. It was longer, 6 months to a year. Not 3-8 weeks.
My grandfather and his three sons and their oldest sons worked in the family fruit store.
When I was around 4 he was recovering from surgery once and he went shopping with us~
I remember that shopping trip like it was yesterday.
We went over to the fruit stand and he picked up two heads of lettuce~"Now Marlene which one looks
better~ one had dark green outer leaves and the other was "picked clean"~ I pointed to the dark green one.
Grandpa smiled and said "you know fruit"~To this day I'm picky when I go fruit shoping.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 1:08PM #5
Motherhealer13
Marlene,
Thanks for your reply too.  I love to listen to everyone.  If I could just be a Teacher who listens to children talk incessently....most would shut them up....but kids are the spark and light of our future.  Can you imagine doing that for one hour each day or just for a couple of hours, different kids in each class, just talking.  It would be therapy for me and them too. 
Blessed be, and have a happy Holiday season.  Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 6:24PM #6
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Motherhealer13;123223]Marlene,
Thanks for your reply too.  I love to listen to everyone.  If I could just be a Teacher who listens to children talk incessently....most would shut them up....but kids are the spark and light of our future.  Can you imagine doing that for one hour each day or just for a couple of hours, different kids in each class, just talking.  It would be therapy for me and them too. 
Blessed be, and have a happy Holiday season.  Tams[/QUOTE]
Tams/Motherhealer13:
There's an old saying that goes like this: "From the mouths of babes come the wisdom of the world"
I love kids~ If someone had asked me what I wanted to do I would've told them I wanted to be either
a kindergarden teacher or a pediatraic nurse~ but no one asked.
One thing I wanted *more than anything was to be a mom~this comes from when I
beheld a cousin when she was 6 months old*
In my book there couldn't be anything better in the world than being a wife and a mother.
That is what my mom was~ to me that's the best job in the world.
I'm a wife ~ but not a mom. I think of my "sister"s children as mine~ and a cousin of theirs.
I helped to raise the five oldest kids~ my oldest neice was 5 when I met her.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 10:21AM #7
Motherhealer13
Hi Marlene,

What you said is so true.

I'm 49 yo, have one daughter 20 yo, and may still adopt if money allows.  Isn't it wonderful?  I'm my nieces' favorite Aunt.  I love kids.  Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook