Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 4:43PM #11
Ms.DCS
God bless you.  Where I am not depressed, I woke up tired, hard time getting up,
etc, had a sleep study done.  Turns out that I have several sleep problems.  Now I sleep with a breathing machine, I sleep better,wake up rested and usually have energy for the day.  I hope you find medical and spiritual support.  I am praying for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 5:16AM #12
mello280
Hello Proserpina, yes I strongly agree with what you wrote to Hill_Billie.  I too had a condition from years ago and my symptoms seemed to get more severe and worsen as time went on from Lymes and I always classified it as "flare ups".  Well, it turned into a couple of other things,  Scleraderma/chronic Fibromyalgia.  With all that, I have a very difficult time getting out of bed, as I am now on Morphine and Symbalta, when I can get it.  The Symbolta that is.  The Morphine seems to be the only drug I respond to; nevertheless, you definately need to see a doctor to get the right help.  Living with pain can be overwhelming to your life.  I am so blessed to have been led here to this site through the holy spirit, my life seems to get better and better as I keep my faith, despite being homeless right now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 1:36AM #13
proserpina
Thank you Mello.:-) After 4 yrs I received SSD, it was a long wait, however.
I wish all the best for you, hang in there.
btw--just for information --there is a chronic pain board here too, at Beliefnet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 5:58AM #14
pickynickie1
[QUOTE=hill_billie101;82093]Hi all. Do any of you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? I'm moderately depressed...have overcome most of my issues except for the sleep thing. I have trouble getting TO bed at night and trouble getting OUT OF bed in the morning.  Depression is something I have dealt with off and on most of my life so I'm familiar with many of the symptoms, or issues. It's just...this time around I'm having trouble getting past the rest issue.

The whole thing reminds me of dieting. You can lose all kinds of weight, but no matter what you do, you just can't shed those last 10 pounds! That's where I'm at emotionally. I've overcome the majority of the stuff I was going through but just can't seem to quite conquer this one.

Any thought and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hill_billie101[/QUOTE]
I have GREAT problems with the same thing as you.  I took early retirement, and for the first year afterward, I'd still wake up at 6:00 a.m. every morning.  Now, I'm lucky if I go to bed by that time.  lol  I suffer with depression too.  I also have Attention Deficit Disorder, and, now, with no structure in my life, I stay up later and later, usually playing games on Pogo. 

It is ludicrous because I'll be so sleepy, I can hardly keep my eyes open but will stay up anyway. 

I feel 'hung over' and tired the next day and beat myself up for the insanity of 'repeating the same behavior and expecting diffierent results."

The only resolution I can think of is forcing myself to go to bed when I first feel sleepy.  I felt that way at 9:00 p.m. tonight but told myself it was too early to go to bed.  I fell asleep while watching TV, and it is now close to 6:00 a.m.  I know I will feel like death tomorrow (today), and I will feel like doing nothing.

No answers here, but glad to meet someone else who has the same problem.

If you get over it, please let me know how you did it.  lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 10:41AM #15
cherubino
picky,

Do your dreams frighten you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 3:13PM #16
annie_mac
Hey Picky,

I have no problem going to bed at 9 PM! I'll sit up in bed and read for a while and am usually sound asleep before 10, and sleep until 6. 8 hours of sleep feels great!!  My friends tell me to get a life and stay up later, but they're dragging their butts every morning and I feel good, so I have no problem with the 'early to bed, early to rise' concept.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 9:13PM #17
dreamhealth
I used to have this problem and more, but things have lessened. What helps is to have a goal for the morning the night before. Then, you go to bed to get refreshed to make that goal work out and a reason to get up.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 1:35PM #18
JankojiGoodie
[QUOTE=hill_billie101;82093]Hi all. Do any of you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? I'm moderately depressed...have overcome most of my issues except for the sleep thing. I have trouble getting TO bed at night and trouble getting OUT OF bed in the morning.  Depression is something I have dealt with off and on most of my life so I'm familiar with many of the symptoms, or issues. It's just...this time around I'm having trouble getting past the rest issue

hill_billie101[/QUOTE]

Hey Hill_billie101! :-)
I have had a struggle with "sleep-deprivation" most of my life. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness (mental), due to insomnia, about 14 years ago.  All I can suggest is trying one of the new medications, like AMBIEN.
Either that, or, try starting "intensive meditation" as a THERAPUTIC method.
I have a Brother-in-law, that, according to my sis, never FULLY enters "R-E-M" sleep...(Rapid-Eye-Movement sleep), that, from what I have been told by pyschiatrists, psychologists, and, therapist, is the "MANDATORY" requirement, for being able to "get a good, FULL, night's rest".  I don't really know if I "r.e.m."...but, I still do dream.

My addiction issues comes from alcohol and pot.  I had abused BOTH for quite a few years, in my "High school" years...but, through the Grace of God and A.A..,...I have turned my life around. 

Hope this helps, at least , a little. :-)

Jkj8
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook