Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Migraines~ Who Has Them???
6 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2008 - 4:04PM #21
Juliekayk
I have a product that after one month of taking it my mom , my sister and I all stopped getting Migraines.  I will send you a bottle for free if you ask!  E-mail me at Juliekayk@aol.com
God Bless!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2008 - 11:18PM #22
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Juliekayk;767239]I have a product that after one month of taking it my mom , my sister and I all stopped getting Migraines.  I will send you a bottle for free if you ask!  E-mail me at Juliekayk@aol.com
God Bless![/QUOTE]
Juliekayk:
Could you tell us what you've found~ I take Excedrine Migraine at the start of a headache~ it does the trick for
me most of the time.
My headaches are brought on by any changes in the weather~be it a cold front or an upcoming rain storm
I can feel it two to 5 days before it happens.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2008 - 11:18PM #23
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Juliekayk;767239]I have a product that after one month of taking it my mom , my sister and I all stopped getting Migraines.  I will send you a bottle for free if you ask!  E-mail me at Juliekayk@aol.com
God Bless![/QUOTE]
Juliekayk:
Could you tell us what you've found~ I take Excedrine Migraine at the start of a headache~ it does the trick for
me most of the time.
My headaches are brought on by any changes in the weather~be it a cold front or an upcoming rain storm
I can feel it two to 5 days before it happens.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2008 - 5:49PM #24
Mintie_2008
Thank GOD I live in Canada!! I've been suffering from migraines since I was 15 and is hereditary. Mine are optical, starts with a flash of light in my right eye and 20 minutes later I have a full-on migraine (the pain is intolerable, it makes me sick)that can last up to 3 days. I say 3 days because my doctor recommended that I go to the ER for a shot...Lately my migraines seems to intensify, numb in the face and extremeties, SCARY!!! Nothing works in term of home medication and the prescription medication is touch and go, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't....so because of that  health insurance doesn't cover it but my sweet lady doctor, who suffers from migraines too, gives me the samples. She suggested accupunctured therapy, apparently in Germany they have seen great result with it, and my insurance covers it so I guess it's worth a shot.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2009 - 5:29PM #25
nnn123
http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/ … g_home.htm

not spam, not selling anything, just good info

(I have no connection with the site)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2009 - 11:07PM #26
LuvBear
I have had migraines since I was 20, I am now 58. MIne are the kind that throb behind one eye and you can't walk very fast, and I am bothered by light. I used to try every OCT pill that was out there. If it exists I tried it. Believe me. When I was around 38 a friend of mine asked me if I had tried extra strength excedrin. I couldn't believe it. That is one pill I had missed. So she gave me some, and it worked!! It didn't take all of it away, but most of it. I could function pretty good. Some days it took even 95% of it away. I took that for a few years. Then it got to where it wasn't working as well.

I had to go to a Chronic Pain Dept. when I was getting close to 50. I told my Dr. about my headaches and he sent me to a neurologist, but all that Dr. did was try some samples on me and that was that.

In 2006 I had two pill related seizures. The second one caused me to total my car on the freeway. I ran into a metal guard rail. I came out of it ok. The neurologist I saw put me on anti-seizure pills until he figured out what caused the seizures then took me off. I asked him if he could give me something for my migraines, figuring it was about time I did something about them. He has me taking Topamax.  Since I have been on this pill, I have been migraine free. It's been so nice. All though, I have to have a blood test every six weeks to check my liver function.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 9:06PM #27
SARAI
I've Suffered With A Chronic Tension Type Headache For Over Ten Years Now. I've Taken Several Different Prescribed Medication. Nothing Has Stopped Them Completely. I've Had Cat Scans, Mri's And Seen By A Neurologist.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 5:37PM #28
MAXTECH

For me, migraines were a family thing. When they occurred the family member would disappear into a dark room, such as lie down in bed with the lights off, and then reappear when the hell is over with. Everyone had basically the same symptoms, but never spoke of them for quite some time.

And so off to school I go one day, and while looking up at the blackboard I pointed out to the fellow next to me that the teacher had misspelled a word. But when I tried to speak, the words were all scrambled no matter how hard I tried.  The fellow advised me to head home, and so I did. Just before leaving, I looked up at the classroom clock and noticed that 1/4 of the clock was missing. Yep, my vision was now out to lunch as well, which was why I thought the teacher had misspelled a word.

Eventually I made it to the subway and then I heard a big bang. It was my briefcase hitting the floor. Yep, my right arm was now paralyzed  as well. Then as I was on the train I started to loose the feeling in my upper lip.  It turned out that these nasty symptoms were the same as those experienced by other members of my family, however they never spoke of it since at that time they were always too busy withstanding the headache that came along with rest of the problems free of charge.

And so I had no idea what the hell was going on at all.

Anyhow, over the years the symptoms began to be less severe.  I eventually found that if I ate peas and carrots on a regular basis, then presto a migraine was on the way. Ever since I changed my diet, I have been migraine free.

Over the years I did run into several other people who also had lost speech and had partial loss of vision as part of the migraine symptoms. Some also had temporary memory loss.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 2:52AM #29
LuvBear

A few years ago I worked with a lady who had migraines where she had to sometimes take a couple of days off of work and would sleep in a dark room. She would not eat or any thing for those two days, just sleep until the headache passed. She was on medication but sometimes the headache beat her to getting the medicantion in ther body on time. That would be the times she would have to miss the couple of days of work. This was actualy back in 1975.  The medications were different then.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook